Add a block of text to a view

• 13 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

In K2 Designer (K2 Five) how do I add a simple block of custom text to the layout? I have built a form but need a place to add a couple paragraphs of html text in with the controls. In the view designer, I tried adding a "label" from the toolbox, and that works great if I only need to add a couple words, but it is not sufficient for html text; I can't type directly into the cell, and I do not see any other tools that will allow me to do this. Any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello,

There is a character limit of 255 on the Text data type. As a workaround, you may use a Data Label control instead, change the Data Type from Text to Memo, add a ‘Transfer Data’ action rule and input your desired html text in the data label field within the rule configuration.

Hope this helps. 

Badge +4

Hi Ikimberly, I'm not talking about a control or input field. I'm talking about paragraph text displayed on the form in

Say, for example, I need to add a lengthy set of instructions at the top of the form (using html p, ul, li, a tags).

I don't see anything that allows me to add that text onto the form.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi bmorgan,

There is a HTML literal control available for download from our K2 Community Market here:-

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/HTML-Literal/ba-p/80400

Once installed, drag the control into the Design canvas, and you can use it to display your own HTML content on the Form. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

This may also be possible using Data Label control, with the 'Literal' Property bound to an Expression that has your HTML <div>, <p>, <ul> tags and text.

Badge +4

Thanks Ikimberly,

The HTML literal plugin does what I need.