Action Lines with the wrong label in K2 Five workflow

We have created a workflow in K2 Five which all the action lines were labeled. When we deploy it and create a new process instance, some of the lines are relabeled to "Action 1". Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have attached two images: one is the designer and the other is the process instance.

Thank you,

GuiS

12902iCA71E6246C52B788.png
15418i17205DE3DAC25F10.png

6 replies

Good day GuiS

Will it be possible to make sure that the action in the user task matches the action in the item in the decision step. If this is indeed the same, will it be possible to make sure that the actions are the same as the name you would like to give on the label? The name items on the labels are pulled from the user task stem and it is best to change an action name within the user task step instead of just changing the label. I would also like to inquire which version of K2 are you?

Kind Regards

Jacques. 

Hello JacquesP,

Thank you for your answer.

Our actions and task results are not exactly the same. For example, the action is "Reject", and the task result is "Rejected". I haven't relabeled the lines manually. All of them are using the task result label.

We are using K2 5.3.

Thank you,

GuiS

Badge +9

Hi GuiS

I can confirm this seems to be a Bug, You can do a workaround but a  workaround requires manually updating specific steps that are in question on your workflow.

We are currently having related issues and those issues have been send to lab for investigation.

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Hi ElvisJacob,

Thank you for your response.

What kind of updates does the workaround require? We have recreated some of the Task and Decision steps that have "Action 1" lines and it's still not working.

Thank you,

GuiS

Goo day GuiS

Then you can try two things:

1. Rename the task to a different name in the task step and see if the changes map through.

2. You can Remove the user task item, the decision step and the arrows linking between the task and decision step. Then add the User task, Configure it completely, add the decision item and route the arrows again.

The reason for the steps above is that some items are not always loaded in completely and to re-load them in solve the problem.

I have looked through our documentation and all our fix pack release notes with no information on this problem.

I hope the steps above help. 

Best regards

Jacques.

Hi Guis,

From my understanding you are having a problem in your line path label in your view flow. You can try this workaround below and see if it resolves your issue

1. On workflow canvas click on Line Label
2. Open the configuration panel
3. Manually edit and put the line label name
4. redeploy the workflow and create a new instance

5. Check and see the view flow line label if its correct

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.