Solved

AAD Label not returning any users

• 10 August 2022
  • 3 replies

After upgrading to 5.5 from 5.4, I’m running Jo to an issue when searching for a user using the aad label it’s not returning any results. However my forms have no issues returning users with some picker controls I have that use the azure Active Directory smart object. What might cause the issue when searching a for user using the aad label to not return any results? 
This is when trying to add workflow rights to a user, add an aad user to a role or redirect a task to an aad user.

icon

Best answer by NShouse 10 August 2022, 22:50

View original

3 replies

Do you mean picking a user from a dialog like this in management?

This dialog probably gets its information from the UMUser SmartObject.  Go to the integration area of management and try executing the Get Users method on that SmartObject to see if it returns any results. If it doesn't return anything you might want to open a support ticket.

Hi David,

Thanks for looking at this with me. That's the issue I am running into and noticing, nothing comes back from URM. Things get returned when using the K2 label but all our users sign in with AAD and we are not running into issues with signing in with an AAD account, just when we try and use those dialog boxes in management or redirecting a task that no results get returned.

For anyone having the same issue it was due to needing to run the script attached to the bottom of this guide.
How to manually reconfigure K2 for AAD using Micro... - Nintex Community

We had upgraded and needed to run this script on the K2 SQL server. Once we ran it the AAD label then returned results.