25225 Server Item Not Found with Serial - Workflow Endpoint Assembly SOM

• 8 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Good Afternoon,

I am having issues in my Workflow with a Smart Object Method using a custom Endpoint Assembly DLL and the "Wait for external system" option.

I am passing in the step serial number of the Smart Object Method to restart the step once the code completes using

ServerItem svrItem = k2Connection.OpenServerItem(stepSerial);

but when the code executes it throws "ClientException: 25225 Server Item Not Found with Serial 127_40" as one example. I have looked around in the database to try and find the item and came across the Server.ProcInstItemState table and I can see the Process instance of 127 but not an ID of 40.

I have tried removing the Smart Object Method and re adding it in. I also move the step to the beggining of my workflow to see if that made a difference however I still get the same result.

Is there something I am missing to enable the step serial number to be saved properly perhaps?

I used the following to guide me using the Client API section however there is no mention of troubleshotting the error I am receiving. Wait for external system

Thanks
Nathan

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi Nathan,

Perhaps log a new K2 support ticket? http://portal.k2.com/ticket/default

Maybe one of the support engineers can assist you.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi,

It sounds like the api call is an async server event. Did you check the ServerLog.ActInstDest and Server.ServerList tables? Perhaps this doesn't match the number that you obtain or save in your application.