Workflow error in K2 Cloud

• 8 October 2019
  • 6 replies

My workflow starts when the edit form is opened. When I submit the form it works correctly and sends an email notification to a Manager. The Manager gets the notification and can then approve the form ok. However the workflow then goes into error. I cannot tell why it is failing.

The error message in K2 management in dev just provides the following information. There is no fields mentioned. How can I find out further information to tell where the issue is? When I look at the flow for the process it highlights one of the workflow steps but I cannot see anything wrong with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Service: company_com___sites___documentset_dev
Severity: Error
Error Message: One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.
InnerException Message:

6 replies

Badge +7

Hello  @Vera ,

I think this could be due to a bug with one of SmartObjects in that there is incorrect input property. 

Also try running a current fixpack. 

This could also be because the filter for the executed View method was not setup correctly, redo the filter and the issue will most likely to be resolved. 

View this section to see more about the issue https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl-Articles/ERROR-One-or-more-field-types-are-not-installed-properly-Go-to/ta-p/79545 which will help understand and solve the issue

I hope this helps resolve your issue.

Thank you for your email. We are using K2 cloud so do not have hot fixes.

Badge +9

Hi Vera,

When opening the K2 App on the List or Library does it thrown a warning about SmartObjects?

-Jean

Hi  @Vera ;

What happens when you recreate simple solution, create custom list item-->generate k2 SO-->switch to k2 SF(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2forsharepoint/userguide/4.7/default.htm#Build/Forms/SwitchingBetweenForms.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CForms%7C_____2)--workflow and test, I think there might be some OOB/system properties deleted on your site hint OOB Columns should not be deleted.

Please dive into this external documentation on why you should not touch the out of box content types(https://sharepointmaven.com/why-you-should-never-delete-some-sharepoint-elements/).

Because backups on Office 365 SP are performed every 12 hours and retained for 14 days. Restore from backup can only be done at a Site Collection level in this case.

Regards;

Widson.

Unfortunately not. I did try as a test to do a P&D. It highlighted an issue with a field which should not be included. The error is The source of the error is located in the "Retrieve Approvers" event. Open the workflow and re-run the wizard". Of course this message is useless as there is no wizard!!!

I believe the workflow is referencing an old field BUName as I copied the workflow and updated it.

I am not sure how to find this field in the workflow? Is it possible to trace in the workflow for a field? The workflow shows no errors.

THanks for the response. No OOB columns were deleted. We are using custom document content type with custom site columns. Also custom document set.