Workflow deploy throws an error: my workflow has lost SmartObject references

• 8 March 2022
  • 4 replies

In attempting to deploy a workflow (version 19) I received this error:

22101i21F53B775E3AF876.png

When I looked at the workflow I discovered that it seems to have lost all references to SmartObject fields:

22102i06B3201F1911CBED.png

There should be about 30 fields listed in the WriteOffs SmartObject.  Instead there are none.  This caused the first error message, but where did my fields go?  How can they simply disappear?   When I try to load the Start Event edit to troubleshoot, it simply spins:

22103iF380C482390031BC.png

If I try to create a new Start Event with the same SmartObject, it too just spins.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've put a lot of time in on this workflow and it seems to have committed suicide.  Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi there,

Maybe check that your SmartObject doesn't have any broken underlying method bindings.  Open the SmartObject up in designer and check all is well.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, take all this with a pinch of salt as it applies to how I would try to resolve this on prem.

I'm not 100% sure if you can revert to an older version in the Management Portal in K2 Cloud. Try to open up the Workflow in the management portal, then look in the Versions tab - revert it to the last deployed working one. 

I am not sure how package and deployment works in the Cloud either but if you can package up the older reverted version then you can deploy that over the top.

Perhaps a support ticket would be more suitable or someone else knows better than me.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Peter_Brase,

It sounds like the SmartObject reference is somehow corrupted. If you can't expand the reference, then it's likely the case. Were there any changes to the Write Off SmartObject reference outside of the workflow? Can you try to execute the SmartObject from Management site?

Yes, it's an issue in the workflow.  In the Management space I can execute the object's methods.  In the Designer space I can open the object for editing.  The problem is entirely in the workflow.  Thanks for getting back to me.

Found a solution in an article on this site.  I deleted the smart object from the workflow and then went back to the workflow start step.  Now it loaded correctly and i was able to reconfigure the settings there and fix the reference errors in other parts of the workflow.