K2 and SharePoint in cloud

• 27 February 2013
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Is there any limitation on integrating K2 on premise and sharepoint on cloud. If there is any such pointers on that would be useful.

Regards,
Thileeban.C

7 replies

Badge +1

I too am trying to research this, but as usual, the information is not easily found on K2 sites.

Can the BlackPearl SharePoint bits be installed on a SharePoint Online server?  Are they Sandbox apps/web parts?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone having information about this.

Thanks.

Badge +4

Hi,

The K2 for SharePoint bits cannot be installed on SharePoint Online as these are Microsoft-hosted servers. The recommended way of interacting with SharePoint data is through the SharePoint Content service broker. This is a CSOM-based broker that doesn't require any bits to be installed on the SharePoint servers. For more information about CSOM, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff798388.aspx

The current CSOM brokers (SharePoint Content and SharePoint Management) shipped in K2 blackpearl 4.6.2 and are designed to work with SharePoint 2010. However, they will work against SharePoint 2013 but only support 2010-based functionality and must be configured with a static account.

We will be releasing an updated broker later this year to interact with SharePoint 2013 (on-premises and online) that is Claims and OAuth capable. This will form the basis of our SharePoint 2013 integration. For more information and to sign up for the beta, go to http://pages.k2.com/en/sharepoint2013beta.aspx

HTH,

Mike

P.S. To suggest changes/additions to K2 Help, please e-mail documentation@k2.com

hi Yun,

I am also interested in knowing whether there is a way to host the workflow on the cloud and at the same allow my K2 server side code to access the CSOM through SP online API.

thanks,

Xiao Chao 

Hello,

So, if I understand your post correctly, there is no direct support for Office 365/SharePoint Online. E.g. K2 as a SharePoint App. 

What I think you are saying is that I must first install K2 BlackPearl and or SmartForms on an actual server that I own. After that, I can use a CSOM broker to connect to a SharePoint Online list or document repository.

Is this correct?

MikeH

Badge +4

Hi Guys,

With K2 for SharePoint (currently in RC) you have the ability to add the K2 for SharePoint App to the App Catalog of your SharePoint Online instance. For more information about how to do this, see http://help.k2.com/en/kb001443.aspx

The K2 for SharePoint App registration asks for a K2 Server URL -- this is the URL that must point to your K2 Server, in particular your SmartForms runtime and designer URLs. This can be done via the browser on a VM running the supporting RC bits (K2 blackpearl, K2 smartforms, K2 smartforms Control Pack and K2 for SharePoint 2013), but in the real world your K2 server should be available over HTTPs. Note that with SPO you must have SSL enabled for SmartForms as the communication needs to be secured.

HTH,

Mike

Badge +4

Hello everyone, not sure if you've found an answer to this, but on your SharePoint Online instance you can go to the App Store and search for/add the K2 App to your site. Once added and browsed to it will ask you for your K2 Server url. So you can point the SPO site's K2 App to your on premise server and get near identical functionality as an on prem SharePoint installation. 

Also, K2 just released AppIt which is a new subscription model with K2 running in the cloud (Microsoft Azure). http://www.k2.com/appit

hello Everyone 

i would  like to know how sharepoint online  access from k2 blackpearl i know service broker user CSOM to perform action but which crediential  used and how 

because when i check from smo testing tool that time i am not login to sharepoint online site

also service instance we are using oauth and oauth  resource but do we know  how  it working in background

is  there way to get sharepoint online servicec broker code to check how it is  working 

Thanks in advance 

Sachin