Solved

K2 Cloud Workflow API - Need to change workflow stage

Badge +1

I need to change the workflow stage of an existing instance of a workflow within K2 cloud using the API (or any mechanism that I can automate). This is available on K2 Five On-Prem via the SourceCode DLLs using .NET/Java or PowerShell but not via the REST API that I can see.

I also need to be able to either close or delete a running workflow instance programatically.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The background is that we are migrating from K2 5 to K2 Cloud and there isn't that I am aware of any way to transport existing workflow instances while running. I can get all the information from the K2 5 platform regardinh existing instances and where they are in the workflow but I then need to start matching instances in the Cloud version and set them to the correct workflow stage. All the Code and databases are migrated ready and synced, it's just the workflows that are my issue.

icon

Best answer by tbyrne777 1 July 2022, 19:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Under System -> Management -> Workflows -> SmartObjects there is a SmartObject named "Activity" that has a "GoToActivity" method that should suit your needs to move an existing process instance to a particular step.
Badge +1

Thanks for the assistance with this, this look like what I need. I'll see if I can use the SmartObject OData interface to access this.