How to Achieve "Does Not Contain" when filtering on a K2 List View?

• 23 February 2022
  • 7 replies

As the title says how would I filter a list view based on when a field "Doesn't Contain" a value? There is a built in ability to filter when something contains a value but I want to check if it does not contain a value. 

21936i356A7065A926CC8E.png

I have tried to use an expression to check this field but that did not achieve the result I was looking for. 

This does not seem to work: 

21937i3C885930DEE804DF.png

21938i566A015933AC8E92.png

I need help being able to achieve this. Any help is appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
What is the source of this list? A database table? Can you change to a stored procedure to do some of this pre-filtering?

@tbyrne777  The Data is stored in a Smartbox SmartObject.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Ah, that limits you a bit. Ok - what kind of data is in this field? Is there anyway you can do a few "not equals" to make it work for your needs?

@tbyrne777  Yeah I'll elaborate for you on this specific case. 

This SmartObject stores Attachments from internal and external users. Some items come from an anonymous form and others from normal SmartForms. I would like to be able to show our customers(external users with any email) attachments but not any attachments from Employees(internal users with our domain email). This application is already in production and we would like this to be retro-active. 

So the field I am checking is called "CreatedBy UniqueName". In this field I store the email of the person who Added the Attachment. My idea to achieve the stated goal was to check if the email of the person who added the attachment had our internal email and then not show that Attachment. 

I hope this clears things up enough for you to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Is it possible to set a flag when the attachment is added to indicate if it is an employee that attached it? Then your list can filter on that flag instead of off text

@tbyrne777 

Yeah i added that. See here:

The issue is making this work for the old attachments as well. Since there are already items in the list in production the flag would only help for new items. That's why I had thought of checking if it does not contain our email.  Im hoping to be able to make the the flag work for new requests and for old items I need a solution to be able to tell them apart so I don't show them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Can you come up with a script to update that flag on the old attachments? Then you won't have to deal with this at all