List View sorting and filtering is disabled

• 21 July 2016
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Symptoms

I cannot configure sorting or filtering on a list view once the view has been saved. The only time I can configure sorting and filtering is when I create a new list view and prior to clicking Finish. I even tried clearing the canvas and starting over, but that didn't work either (not that it would have been an acceptable workaround).

Is there something I am missing? I haven't found anything in the documentation nor in the KB regarding this issue. As it stands I can't use sorting or filtering if the only time I can configure it is when creating a new list view.

The issue seems to be related to Paging when setting up a filter.

Diagnoses

This is a known issue with a fix.

Resolution

Please contact K2 Support to receive this fix referencing ticket _110013.

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi all,

Warning, the ticket 110013 was linked to specific issue "Get Documents Metadata Method - Error "the remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request" fixed in version K2 4.6.11 in 2016.

When you have this issue, according other tickets, it could be:

- The sorting is disabled if you enable the paging.

- If the corresponding SmartObject is linked to an SQL stored procedure, the filter or sort could not be used. Try to use a table or SQL view if possible.

- Verify if the issue appears again by re-creating the SmartForm view from scratch: It could be an issue with the SmartForm view itself.

Best regards,

Olivier