No ratings

Error during upgrade to 4.7 "Target did not complete successfully: Management.kspx"




Symptoms


We found an error during upgrade from 4.6.7(4.12060.1590.0) to 4.7(4.16060.2000.3) in the Configuration analysis "Target did no complete successfully: Management.kspx"

In the Installer trace logs, the following error is shown:-

23:0: DeployPackage.DataRecieved: 11:25:27:>> Done!: Deploying 812 of 812
23:0: ConfigProgressPanel.ShowInfo: 11:25:27:>> Update progress: Management.kspx: Done!: Deploying 812 of 812
1:30: ConfigProgressPanel.ShowInfo: 11:25:27:>> Update progress: Management.kspx: Done!: Deploying 812 of 812
38:0: DeployPackage.DataRecieved: 11:25:27:>> Done!: Done!
38:0: ConfigProgressPanel.ShowInfo: 11:25:27:>> Update progress: Management.kspx: Done!: Done!
1:30: ConfigProgressPanel.ShowInfo: 11:25:27:>> Update progress: Management.kspx: Done!: Done!
20:58: DeployPackage.Execute: 12:23:28:>> Logged Error: Package deployment timeout reached, stopping.
20:57: Log.WriteUnindent: 12:23:28:>> End deploy Package
20:57: ConfigProgressPanel.ShowInfo: 12:23:28:>> Update progress: Updated: Management.kspx
1:30: ConfigProgressPanel.ShowInfo: 12:23:28:>> Update progress: Updated: Management.kspx
20:57: Component.ExecuteTarget: 12:23:28:>> Logged Error: Target did not complete successfully: Management.kspx

Diagnoses


1. We tried deploying the Management.kspx package via the Package and Deployment tool and a different error is returned.

"Error refreshing Service Instance 'K2_Management'. Service returned : 'Method not found: 'Void SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SQL.SqlServerService.Init(SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Interfaces.IServiceMarshalling, SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Interfaces.IServerMarshaling)'. '. System.Exception: Error refreshing Service Instance 'K2_Management'. Service returned : 'Method not found: 'Void SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SQL.SqlServerService.Init(SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Interfaces.IServiceMarshalling, SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Interfaces.IServerMarshaling)'."

2. We then discovered that there were 2 versions of the SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SqlServer assembly found in the customer's system. The correct version should be 4.16200.16348.1.
- in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin (incorrect)
- in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlServiceBroker (correct)

3. The system was picking up the assembly from the wrong path (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin) which does not have the specific method that the management site is looking for, resulting in the error being thrown.

4. The assembly should not exist in the path (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin). At some point in time, it might have been placed in there by mistake.


Resolution

To resolve the issue, delete the incorrect assembly in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin. Afterwhich, re-run the K2 Blackpearl configuration analysis and there should be no more errors.





Labels: (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎08-23-2021 02:40 PM
Updated by:
Contributors