Default Client Event: Event Notification

• 19 February 2015
  • 0 replies

Badge +7

Symptoms

We have a workflow with a default client event which should send a mail notification to a specific role. The workflow runs through without any error but the notification is not sent. If I try to send an E-Mail over a SmartForms rule there is no problem. I then created a new workflow which should just send a mail without success. The mails do not reach our mail gateway.

Do you have any idea what I can do to solve this issue?

Diagnoses

I found these few suggestions:

1. Restart your K2 Host Server service to see if that doesn't resolve the issue.

2. Start your K2 Host Server in console mode using the K2 Service account (use Shift Right-click then Run as different user)

3. This might have something to do with "resolving an identity setting". I'm not exactly sure what this means but I believe you could go through your Identity.Identity table and try to find your user account, then check the XML and find out if K2 has the correct email address on file. Also, check your account in Active Directory and ensure the correct email address is there, although I doubt this will be wrong (since default mail events are working).

4. After doing some research on the error message you're getting in your K2 Host Server error logs:
Permanent failure sending message Notification: System.Exception: No destinations could send the message Notification.

This error occurs when the following conditions are met:
You are running the K2HostServer as UserX
You have configured SmartActions to use the email address of UserX
You configured UserX a destination in a process and selected to send a task notification.

Create a dedicated account and mailbox for SmartActions and reconfigure K2 to use this new dedicated account.

In other words, make sure the K2 Host Server service is actually running as the K2 Service account on the K2 server. There's a possibility that it's set to start using your account and the service account must never be a destination in a workflow. You would check this in your "Windows Services" -> K2 blackpearl Server Properties -> Log On

5. Check to see SMTP settings are correct in K2 Connection String Editor match the K2HostServer.exe.config (will probably need to be decrypted first, ask support for the tool)
They both need to be either the K2 Service or K2 Admin Account

6. Also please find the following line (in my K2HostServer.exe.config file it's on line 60):

Make sure the correct account has been entered for the SmartActions account.

7. In your K2HostServer.exe.config file, please make sure the following is entered (usually on line 48-51):

If you don't use SmartActions, then you'll have to disable it. I recommend running the K2 Blackpearl Setup Manager from Start Menu and doing a reconfiguration, then disable SmartActions there.

8. Check your String Table in Management Console - K2 Server - Workflow Server - String Table - String Table (environment)
Make sure the Mail Server and From Address strings are set to the correct values

9. Also check your Environment Fields in Management Console - K2 server - Environment Library - Templates - Default Template - Environment - (select environment) - Environment Fields

Check all "Mail Server" Field Types - ie. "From Address" and "Mail Server" (make sure that's all of them) are set to the correct values, change if necessary. If it still doesn't work, delete/remove these values, then recreate them from scratch. Possibly also check which one of the two is set to "Default = True".

Resolution

At the moment there is no resolution to this issue, other than the above diagnosis steps that may be tried.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!