Attempting to launch the K2 Workflow Designer results in the following behavior:
1. The most likely cause is that the browser is running in private/incognito mode. The K2 Workflow Designer uses the local storage/indexedDB APIs to ensure you don't lose your work due to network interruptions.
Local storage/indexedDB is not accessible when the browser is running in private/incognito mode.
2. If not running in private/incognito mode, another cause is that [Internet Options > General > Browsing history > Settings > Caches and databases > Allow website caches and databases] is disabled locally or via group policy.
* Using the 'Run as different user' option can also result in a "local storage error":
To work with the K2 Workflow Designer:
1. Run the browser in normal mode if using Internet Explorer.
2. Enable the 'Allow website caches and databases' if possible. If this option is grayed out, it is likely that a network group policy is in place. This would be policies underneath: [User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > General Page > Browsing History].
- Allow websites to store application caches on client computers.
- Allow websites to store indexed databases on client computers.
3. Another option would be using Chrome, as it will not be affected by Internet Explorer group policy.