Retrieving User Account Display Name with Nintex Forms

• 15 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
TOPIC
How to retrieve the Display Name of a user account on a Nintex Form for SharePoint.
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Add a Calculated Value control to the form.
  2. Add the following formula to the Calculated Value control: userProfileLookup(Current User, "PreferredName") 
Note: In the example above Current User is pulled from the Common Properties tab within the formula builder.

3 replies

Badge +2

Does this work on Nintex Forms 2010 non-enterprise edition?

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi Jeff,

Yes this should work with the standard edition of Forms 2010.

You can review what is supported between standard and enterprise here if you would like:  

Badge +2

That is odd, I am trying to add a Calculated Value to a form in order to show the current user's manager. I can't even get it to show the current user's PreferredName. (See Below) When I go into the Formula field I see Current User under the Common tab, so I paste in the userProfileLookup(, 'PreferredName') formula and then select Current User from the Common Tab. I would like the UserProfile field to appear when the form is initially opened. I do see userProfileLookup under Runtime Functions; but it is my understanding that this only works after the form is opened. How would I show the Current User's Manager name in a Calculated field when a new form is opened?