Currency field validation message

• 20 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have a currency field on a Nintex form that has a validation rule on the form itself, if the value is non-numeric. However I get two validation messages displayed, the custom message first then a second message is also displayed "The entered value should be a valid Currency". Is there a way to override this second validation message with a custom message as it is not very helpful?

4 replies

Badge +9

Nintex forms will do non-numeric validation for 'Currency' control by default. Are you doing any specific validation other than this. As of now we can't overwrite default validation messages in Nintex forms.

Badge +2

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am doing validation on the form to check that the value is numeric. So I get two messages displayed, the second being "The entered value should be a valid Currency", which is non-field specific. This is annoying when we are using tabs and the value is hidden as the user will not know which specific field is being referred to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

only way would be not to use currency data type but rather simple string and perform all the validations on your own.

Badge +1

Have you reported it to Nintex? I would like also to change message to non-english validation message.