Nintex Workflow Cloud Web Part Solution Starter

butlerj
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
1 0 63

Bringing More Workflow to Everyone

Today we released the new Nintex Workflow Cloud Solution Starter kit which will help expand how users can interact with their workflows and tasks from Nintex Workflow Cloud. As designers start to develop new solutions in Nintex Workflow Cloud taking advantage of robust capabilities like integration with Nintex RPA, easy to deploy responsive business forms, and the enhanced workflow engine, we know that many line of business users will still spend much of their time doing their work within existing line of business systems, such as SharePoint. The Nintex Workflow Cloud Solution Starters aims to make it easier for these users to start interacting with solutions developed using Nintex Workflow Cloud without needing to access another system to do their work.

Out of the box the Solution Starter will extend your Nintex Workflow Cloud start forms and tasks into SharePoint Online, SharePoint 2019, and even SharePoint 2016. SharePoint administrators can provision the SharePoint Web Parts to SharePoint Online tenants or modern on-premises SharePoint farm with minimal effort using the self-contained SharePoint packages provided within the Nintex Gallery, or through the Nintex GitHub repository. Because this starter kit was designed using the Nintex Workflow Cloud public developer API, these solutions can also be customized or expanded on to meet the individual customer use cases.

This solution is meant to be a starting point for customers and partners to build and expand on, as we know that to successfully automate processes you need to be able to meet end user where they are doing their work. We are looking forward to understanding what additional functionality customers would like to see made available in both My Nintex and future integrations so we can continue to improve the way that others do work.

Solution Starter Overview Video

Frequently Asked Questions:

• What if my SharePoint users aren't in my Nintex Workflow Cloud tenant, can they still use this?
    • The solution starter does require a user be a member of the associated Nintex Workflow Cloud tenant. While users can be added manually to a given Nintex Workflow Cloud tenant, you can also federate your Azure Active Directory with Nintex Workflow Cloud to give all Azure AD users Participant access to your Nintex Workflow Cloud tenant. To learn more, see the product documentation here.
  • Do I need to update my version of Nintex for SharePoint to use this?
    • No. The web part from the solution starter can be used independent of any version of Nintex for SharePoint or Nintex for Office 365.
  • Do I need to install a new app from the SharePoint Online store?
    • Nope! You just need to add the solution package to your tenant app catalog. We provide instructions on this process in the configuration documentation.
  • Can this solution be used on multiple SharePoint Online sites?
    • Yes! This solution can be installed on as many different SharePoint sites as you would like.
  • Can I make customizations to the web parts before deploying them?
    • Yes! If you would like to get your hands dirty and dive into the code, we have documentation around how you can make customizations to the web parts and then re-compile them before installation.
  • Can I contribute back to this solution?
    • We have distributed this solution under the Apache 2.0 open-source licensing and if you would like to contribute back to this solution you can make a new pull request via the GitHub repository.
  • Can I use these web parts with multiple Nintex Workflow Cloud tenants?
    • Currently you can only pair one Nintex Workflow Cloud tenant with one installed web part. However, if you would like to install multiple copies of the web part on different pages those can each be connected to a different Nintex Workflow Cloud tenant.
  • Are custom solutions developed with this starter kit supported by Nintex?
    • No. Outside of our standard support for the Nintex Workflow Cloud API, custom solutions are not supported by Nintex support. If you encounter any issues, please submit a request via the Issues page on GitHub.