Nintex Form date variable

• 14 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Guys, I am new to this site and fairly new to Nintex forms and although I have looked around the site I can't quite find the answer I am looking for. Basically, I have a field on a form which needs to capture today's date. Straight forward enough, but on the form, I want it to be a calculated value so that the end users don't have to enter anything in and it captures automatically. As you can see from the screenshot, I have been able to work it out for the other fields I needed (company etc.) but I cannot fathom what the form variable should be for the date. Can someone please help?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Neil,

You can use a formula in your Date calculated control to automatically display the current date. To accomplish this, open up the configuration of your Date calculated control and click on the function button to the right of the Formula field. Next configure the following for the formula:

formatDate(Current Date, "M/dd/yyyy")

• formatDate is a function from the Runtime Function tab.
  • Current Date is a reference from the Common tab.
  • "M/dd/yyyy" sets the desired format for your date to be displayed. Here's a good post on date/time formatting: Date and Time Format Strings - Quick Reference Guide

Nintex Forms 2013 - Date Formatting Calculated Value

Nintex Forms 2013 - Date Formatting Formula

Badge

Good point. That would work too.

run 3