Flexi Task \Create individual tasks for all group members\" not working as intended?"

Badge +1

I have a workflow where I'm collection approvals from an arbitrary number of users.

Nintex offers several behaviors when handling multiple approvers on a Flexi Task:

• First response applies
  • Majority must choose a specific outcome
  • All must agree on a specific outcome
  • Majority decides
  • All must agree

My problem is that I want to collect responses from all approvers regardless of what responses have been received. All five of the above options can potentially create a situation where remaining tasks are cancelled because the appropriate conditions are met to approve or reject the task as a whole.

Per this Nintex 2013 help article, I should be able to use the "Create individual tasks for all group members" checkbox to assign separate tasks to everyone, which in theory would allow me to collect all responses. However that's not the behavior I'm seeing on my workflow. It's behaving exactly as though the box is unchecked -- after the first response, remaining tasks are cancelled. Is this a bug?

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Tyler,

in my understand thic checkbox only decides whether there is only one task item created for everyone or multiple list items are created in your task list. It has no influence on the answer/outcome behaviour whatsoever.

However, I do not really have a solution for your problem. Do you need to assign the tasks parallel or would sequential tasks would be an option for you?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

If you need all responses it more sounds like a review of something but an approval. In this case the action Request review might be your friend, that allows to collect feedback from everyone in your group of users.

Would that be an option?

Badge +1

Sequential tasks aren't an option for me. I'm currently planning to work around the problem by moving the Flexi Task stuff into a separate workflow, then calling it using the Start Workflow action from a For Each loop (like suggested in this thread) so they can run in parallel. I think that will work.

Badge +1

That action sounds more appropriate for my use case than a Flexi Task, but unfortunately it appears to be disabled in my environment. I think I've found a workaround to spawn multiple Flexi Tasks using a separate process, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Tyler,

good to hear you found a workaround. I think you should still get in touch with your IT department and try to get that action activated in the environment. It's heavily useful and there shouldn't be any concerns activating it when flexi task was activated too.

Best regards

Enrico