XML error with Nintex Forms List form web part

• 29 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I am trying to build a site page on my sharepoint site with a few lists on it. The user will select from one list, which will filter and narrow down the results on a second list. Then they will select on the 2nd list and it will open up a Nintex Forms List Form web part which is embedded on the page that is in edit mode, they can edit and save the changes and then select a different record and do the same. 

This was all working last week, I went to try and display it to my boss and it stopped working saying 

"There is an error in XML document (1, 1)." when the user selects a record to display the List Form web part. 

I've tried searching all over and I am not seeing anyone else with these issues. My guess is its something to do with the Nintex form itself. I've tried recreating it and it's still not working. 

Anyone have any ideas? I am not a programmer, just someone that is tasked to move some excel sheets and functionality to sharepoint within my company.

Thank you,

Richard

221509_pastedImage_1.png

8 replies

Badge +2

Anyone?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you tried to remove list form webpart and configure it anew?

if that doesn't help try to configure whole page once again. it happens sometimes that page configuration gets broken.

Badge +2

Thanks for the response.

I have created new pages with different lists and it seems to give the same result. I’ve kind of given up on this for now. It’s a shame because it was working at one time. If it helps, I am using the edit form, not the display form. 

I’ll try playing around once again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

does the webpart work in display mode?

does the form work correctly on its own out of the webpart?

did anything change on your environment (nintex upgrades, SP patches, form design change...)?

did anything changed in data content? does the problem occur on older items?

do you have anything on the form that might break XML/HTML structure (repeating section, rich text control, hyperlink control any controls containing 'sensitive' chars, javascript ...)

have you checked developer console for any errors?

what are the fields and their datatypes which make up connections among webaprts? (ideally they should be lookups)

when reconfiguring the page proceed from bottom to top - start with list form webpart, test with multiple items.

add middle list webpart and test,

add topmost webpart and test.

can you provide details on your env - SP, nintex versions...

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

Thank you again for your response, sorry for the delay I'm working on other items for my manager currently. Just to clairfy I'm a Nintex forms "user/developer" I don't have admin access so I'll do my best to try and answer your questions.

As a bit of background as well, we are currently developing a solution using Nintex forms right now so none of this is actually operational at this point as a company workflow.

does the webpart work in display mode?

It does not work in edit or display modes

does the form work correctly on its own out of the webpart?

Yes. 

did anything change on your environment (nintex upgrades, SP patches, form design change...)?

Unknown, I am not an administrator, everything appears to be the same

did anything changed in data content?

I am not sure what this means.

does the problem occur on older items?

There aren't any older items to test but it currently does it for every record I have selected.

do you have anything on the form that might break XML/HTML structure (repeating section, rich text control, hyperlink control any controls containing 'sensitive' chars, javascript ...)

There is a repeating section on it, but that was only recently added, it was still broken before that was added. There are rich text controls as well. I am not sure what a 'sensitive' character is. This is a 'responsive' type form, so no javascript is allowed.

have you checked developer console for any errors?

I just checked now and don't see any errors in IE or Chrome.

what are the fields and their datatypes which make up connections among webaprts? (ideally they should be lookups)

Yes, using lookups for everything. I have a list called "Profiles" each line item in this has a required field that must be assigned to a "Profile". There are also a couple more lookups in there as well for other items.

when reconfiguring the page proceed from bottom to top - start with list form webpart, test with multiple items.

add middle list webpart and test,

add topmost webpart and test.

It seems like regardless of which page I create the relationships, it does not work. I have tried adding a web part to new or old page or the list page itself, nothing seems to work.

can you provide details on your env - SP, nintex versions...

I know we are running sharepoint 2013 on our company servers (not 365) with nintex forms (not sure what version)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
It seems like regardless of which page I create the relationships, it does not work. I have tried adding a web part to new or old page or the list page itself, nothing seems to work.

do you mean it errors out as well in the case you just put a list form web part and configure it to statically display/edit  single item (with no connections to other lists/webparts)?

I know we are running sharepoint 2013 on our company servers (not 365) with nintex forms (not sure what version)

in form designer navigate to Help / About and you should see your version there.

check with release notes how many releases you're behind the actual one. if you're behind more than 1-2 releases consider upgrading to the latest one. in each release there are reported several bugs fixed with responsive forms

Badge +2

do you mean it errors out as well in the case you just put a list form web part and configure it to statically display/edit  single item (with no connections to other lists/webparts)?

I can add the web part to the page, it will display "List form, Connect to a list view web part or configure the web part properties" after connecting it to the list I am interested in, it gives the error "List Form, There is an error in the XML document (1, 1)."

I read into what you were saying a bit more and tried adding the list. I manually editted it to show "List Name/ID" as the list name I was interested in grabbing and "Item ID" as an ID number of the record I would like to look at and it did the same error.

I tried bringing up another list that is unrelated to this and picked a record off that one and the same thing happened. This other list is using a Nintex form that is not the "responsive" type.

If it helps I am using a "Site Page" for this, but I also tried to go the list itself and add a "Web Part" Nintex Forms List form and got the same result.

I have a different list that I can use that will allow me to add this list form to it. I tried playing around with the settings in the list and couldn't find anything different between this list and the one I'm using.

We are using Nintex forms 2013 version: 2.11.3.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

then that sounds to be a bug in that specific version.

I'd recommend to upgrade, 2.11.3.0 is almost 1 year old release.

I've tried to reproduce your scenario with responsive forms in latest 2.11.5.0 and it worked fine for me.