Nintex Connector Workflow Queue Service upgrade process

• 1 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Applies to: Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2016 and 2013

Note: Nintex Live is known as the Nintex external platform in Nintex for SharePoint 2016.

If you are not yet ready to upgrade your installation to the latest product version, you can run a script to get the latest updates for the monitoring service that handles service requests for Nintex Live actions (connector actions in 2016).

Before you start

Upgrade the service that monitors service requests for Nintex Live

1. Click the following link to download the script.
    http://nintexdownload.com/sl/supportfiles/LiveReliabilityUpgradeScript.zip
  2. Locate the UpgradeQueueService script and Readme as shown.
    217061_pastedImage_1.png
  3. Add Deploy-NW NW20xx as the last line of the script replacing NW20xx with your version of Nintex (NW2013 or NW2016)
  4. On the SharePoint server farm, open a PowerShell command prompt as the administrator.
  5. Run the following command:
     .UpgradeQueueService.ps1

The Nintex Workflow Connector Queue Service automatically restarts when the upgrade process is complete.

2 replies

On-premises SharePoint 2016 farms are almost always multi-server, but much of the available Nintex documentation does not address multi-server scenarios, including this one.  After looking at what the underlying script does and seeing the result after running it, it appears to me that this procedure needs to be run on any server in a multi-server farm where the workflow connector service is (or will be) running.

I ran it on one of my application servers, and the only workflow connector service that was updated was on the server where I executed the script.  To be safe, I'll be running this script on all servers in each farm after I've updated the certificates with this procedure.  I assume this is expected?

Badge +3

Hi Brett,

Yes that is correct, the script is required to be run on all application servers.

cheers

Lisa