Userprofilelookup with WorkEmail not working

Badge +3

Hi there,

I am new and testing userprofilelookup function on Form. I was able to lookup unique phone number I entered on AD user object, but cannot lookup email for some reasons. I tried E-mail, Email, WorkEmail, etc., but cannot get the value returned.

From Central Admin, I also checked Managed User Properties that was left with default configuration. I manually added property mapping with AD's 'E-mail', but given that this attribute is one of the mostly frequently used property, I didn't think this needed. Even after adding the property mapping, Email still didn't get populated.

Any corrections or missing configuration advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Naoko

6 replies

Badge +10

Hi Naoko,

Is Requested By a custom field, hope this has a value. Or you can try with current user or created by

Badge +3

Hi Sojan,

Thank you for your response. Yes, it is a custom field and a value is user object "Naoko Saiki."

On AD, this user has Telephone Number and E-mail filled in.

However, I can only lookup Telephone Number, but no E-Mail.

-Naoko

Badge +9

Hi Naoko Saiki‌,

There is nothing wrong with the function usage. see the screenshot below.

userProfileLookup(pplRequestedBy,'WorkEmail')

205322_pastedImage_2.png

Instead of custom form control, can you try to create a people picker field in the list and try with that. Is it giving the same?

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C

Badge +3

Hi Lakshmi,

Thank you for confirming that the function expression is correct, so I'm not sure why I cannot pull out email.. Yes, I tried with a form control 'People' or List control 'People' column, but the result is the same. I can populate other AD attributes such as Office Location or Work Phone no problems, but not Work Email.  

When I check on Central Admin, Work Email is listed as a different type, as E-mail (most of the attributes are string type given for free texts), but my understanding is that I need no special initial setup (such as property mapping) for the Work Email to work, correct? fyi, even with the property mapping, the result was the same....

Thank you,

Naoko

Badge +9

Hi Naoko Saiki‌,

Can you change your 'People Picker' column settings with 'Work email' (is this property same in your case) and can you add a manual entry to list and check whether you are getting email value or not? If not, problem is with your AD i guess.

205360_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C

Badge +3

Hi Lakshmi,

I found that only Email field was not populated with AD, while other such as Last name, First name, and Office all worked. So I think this problem may be on SP-AD.

Thank you,

-Naoko