Initiator corrects field?

• 26 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Good day,

I have recently been task with helping our network team track their request for load balancer requests.

I created a form with the basic information.

8775iA2B35990B1DE7417.png

Once submitted the work flow begins, assigns a task to network person who has to approve.

If information is invalid there is a state machine called further information which send the initiator what information is required.

Can the initiator add the information in the email to populate the correct field in the list or do they have to open the item in the list, edit it and do it that way?

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
HI,

You can link controls in the task form to the list item and anything updated on the task form would be changed on the list item.
There really isnt an out of the box way to extract changes from the email to put into a list.
Badge +2

If i am understanding correctly you are saying in the email send the initiator back to the form and allow them to do the updating there?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
HI,

You said: "Once submitted the work flow begins, assigns a task to network person who has to approve."

This means that you are creating a task in your workflow that sends an email to the user. The user clicks the link in the email that opens the task form. The task form has controls that are linked to the item so that when the task is completed the item is also updated.
Badge +2
Thank you for clarifying that as you did.
Much appreciated for the help and fast replies.