Is there anyway that the Auto ID can be link to item

Badge +2

I have been assigned to do Sharepoint, already set up all the needed things. WF. But have query if Auto-ID can be a link to item. I need to have the ID to be clickable like Context ID Display Name. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

6 replies

Badge +7

You want to modify the list view in SharePoint, so that you can click the ID instead the title?

Badge +2

Hi yes correct is there any way to do that? Thank you

Badge +7

When you go to the view settings you should be able to select on which column you want to attach the link (and context menu)

Btw: did you mention which version of SharePoint you are using? This might differ depending on the version of SharePoint.

Btw 2: this is totally independent of Nintex

Badge +2

Hi using sp 365. The only item that i can see that is link to item is the title and edit. I used auto Id so i cannot edit as link to item. Thank you

Badge +7

You are right. For some strange reason I was under the impression, that you could select the field.

I'm afraid I am mistaken.

However, you could add an edit column, that would open up the edit view of the list item.

Badge +2

Hi, already created a link. I copied the link then I add =ID. I changed the long name to a shortname. THank you very much for the help. Have a nice day ahead.