Add attachment to list from document library

Badge +1

Hello 
 I have a library that type of documents is ".pdf",after creation of each document, I want to create an item in the list ,and attach document to the current item.   Can you help me please?
"Sharepoint and Nintex 2016"

5 replies

Badge +8

To do this you would create a workflow in the document library and utilize the "create item" action: 

https://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2010/help/Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.CreateItem.htm

Ignore the versioning and how the form looks. It's from an older version but it wil still walk you through using it.

You could then have a text column or hyperlink column on the target list and put the URL of the document in it when creating the item.

Badge +1

thank you nj.

but i want do it with call web service and attach document in the field attachfile in target list.

do you have any idea?

Badge +17

@mahshid Why are you trying to move a document to an attachment in a list. If you have already have the document stored in SharePoint, add your metadata to the document instead of moving it to a list. 

You may be complicating a lot by using call web service to move documents around in SharePoint just so they are associated differently. Not sure I see the full benefit there.

Badge +1

Hi Mahshid,

could you ever resolve your issue? I also have problems adding a document as list attachment in O365 

Badge +2
I wrote my own UDA to get the attachment in base 64 and then used another web service call to add attachment.