Action rights

• 11 May 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi everyone

I've created an InfoPath Integration Process in BlackPoint - the process seeks approval of the InfoPath form content from the user specified in the form (contact selector).

When developing and testing this process I used myself as the approver - until this morning when I decided to test the functionality of multiple approvers. The second approver was not able to open the form to record the approval action.

The second approver had access to the form library where the form was being hosted, and also access to the task list. I took a look at the K2 Process Portal and soon realised that I hadn't granted action rights to the user.

Once this was done the approver was able to view the form and submit their action.

However it seems that on the Action Rights page of the Process Portal I can only add users - not groups (SharePoint or AD). Is this the case? What if I was designing a process where anyone in my organisation is a potential approver?

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance.

Mel

2 replies

Badge +8

You should not have to specifically set action rights.  If a user is assigned a task as part of a destination rule the default is that they will have rights to all the actions for that step.  The action rights capability in the process portal is so that you can limit action rights of certain users. 

Just to make sure I understand. The user is specified in the destination rule of the process and recieves a task on his/her worklist which when opened throws an error about not having action rights?

If that is the case I would probably log a support ticket so the team can figure out what is going on because that is not the expected behavior.

-Eric

Badge +3

Another post where someone had the same issue as me.  Too bad the original poster didn't return to say what the issue was :).

I have worklist items assigned to SharePoint groups.  The user(s) in the assigned group does not see the WorkList item at all in their WorkList.  If I go and add Action Rights for the specific user, then it immediately shows in their list.

I've never had to add Action Rights before, so I think Eric is correct - this isn't expected behavior.

Any ideas?