Set Item Permissions based on group variable

• 8 December 2021
  • 0 replies

Hey all! I have a list which I have a workflow running on it which grants access to the AD group of the location specified in the submitted form (for this list.

Say L530 is submitted in this form, the workflow is supposed to grant L530 access, and this works, however, Nintex is resolving it as "L530 SA." Where this becomes a problem is where a member of L530 tries to view the item in this list, and it cannot see the item. When I manually grant access, it resolves as "DomainL530 SA" and the user can see this item.

In the workflow, I'm building a string for "Domain [Location variable] SA" and in my Set Item Permissions I'm referencing this variable, however, it's still resolved without the domain, which I believe is causing an issue due to our hybrid SSO environment. I've tried Set Variable instead of Build String and it still resolves without the domain.

Does anybody have any ideas how I could resolve this name resolution issue, or have the Set Item Permission function dynamically set the group name rather than building it in a string and saving it as a variable?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!