Validate Current user

• 6 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  1. I have  Nine(9) Text Fields updated with CurrentUser Email Address
    1.  Each user must be logged in to add their email address (Validate for Current User Email)
    2. No one should be able to change the previous person email.
  2. Problem
    1. When the next person signs it gives an error message - because it is trying to validate the previous person or the persons who filled out the form before.
  3. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this.

@eharris04 @har

2 replies

Badge +17

Can you share why you are running a validation of the logged in user?

You could automatically capture their name and have them check or toggle a field. This would use the User Profile Service to fill in their name and then they would mark some field value as needed. Also while this is complex, you could potentially only allow them to update the area they have edit access to. So the workflow would move the process along and after each person, it would modify their permission so that they no longer can edit it once they have completed. You would then need to make each section editable only based on a status. This is a lot of work, but doable. Just need to understand what you need from a business perspective first. 

Eric

Badge +2

Hi Eric,

Thank you for responding.  I am trying to validate the person completing the form is the current user. 

The requirement  is for me to capture a user signature and date; however since I cannot copy the signature (I am not using Adobe Sign), Just Nintex's signature. 

The Signature is captured as an Image (Attachment) and not available in the Form only as an attachment so I am trying to find a workaround.    I want to do the following which may work as a signature:

•         Make sure the person completing the form is the person I sent the form to. ( not sure how to do that)
  • Capture the current User email( use a signature) thus validate who is completing the form. 
  • Capture the IP Address if Possible - again for Validation

Note: There are 4 to 5 forms.  -  and each form has a signature field.  All built-in Nintex Workflow Cloud.  Then updated (a list) in SharePoint Online.   The signature, when moved to  SharePoint online,  is an attachment so the person/department would need to go and get the attachment.   That would be too much for the department.  

What I am trying to do is make sure I can capture the user (person completing the forms) information for validation. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Carol