401: Unauthorized Error while publishing the WF

• 19 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

Some of the users in our SP 2016 farm, with right set of permissions, have issues publishing a WF if it has 'Assign Flexi Task' action. While publishing, it keeps on asking for their credentials and if they click Cancel after 4-5 attempts, the WF throws: 401: Unauthorized error. They are able to save the workflow with flexi task action, but not publish it. If they remove the 'Assign Flexi Task' action, they are able to publish the WF just fine. 

I read a few similar posts in the forum but none had definitie answer. Could someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Adi 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Do the users have access to the Task List?
Badge

Hello, I'm currently also dealing with this issue. From what I can gather the error only occurs (with the initial request to sign in) whenever the workflow contains a flexi task. Most solutions I have found have pertained to usually requiring Design access to the site and the lists (both for the list workflow is contained in as well as the Task list being used).

However, I've already checked and confirmed my account already has both design, as well as full control access to the site. However, I am still having the 401 error and am unable to publish the workflow. I've checked my permissions to the site as well as to the lists (which do not inherit from the parent) for both the Task List and the list the workflow is stored. I've also checked to confirm I'm listed under "allowed workflow designers" under Nintex Workflow in the site settings (which does inherit from the parent).

Is there anything that I might have overlooked?

Badge

I found out my issue had to do with not having access to the parent site (the current site I'm building the workflow on being a subsite). I'm denied access to the parent site, so I'll have to workaround not being able to use the flexi form by instead using the other task forms instead (which thankfully I can still publish).