Append changes to existing text not showing in email

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All,

Nintex on-prem and SP 2013

I've a SP column set up as follows:

If there is only 1 entry in above field (which I can see on the form) and start a work flow to send an email via a workflow the text of the ticket resolution field doesn't appear.

If add another entry to the ticket resolution field, then kick off the same workflow, the second text field appears in the body of the email.

How can I get the 1st text entry when there is only 1 text entry ?

I've logged to history the ticket resolution field and it doesn't appear to see text.

***The plot thickens****

Before my workflow I have a switch which decide which other workflow to run. Before the switch the ticket resolution field is viewable and can be sent in a email.

It seems to be starting the separate workflow to send the original email, it loses the ticket resolution content.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think that's the way that this kind of setting works.

When you append changes you are turning on a versioning of your content on the field/column.

If you turn on versioning for the list and set this setting to Yes, all that SharePoint will really do is display the ‘updates’ to this field in the edit and display forms. There’s nothing else going on behind the scenes. Hence the need to have versioning turned on first; all updates are actually managed through versioning. This setting just lets us see into the versions within the edit and display forms.

In the case you need to view all the versions you should write some code to get complete history version of the column.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

to get all the entries you will need to make a webservice call - Lists.GetVersionCollection Method (Lists) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Marian,

I saw that in another post. Just not too sure what I'm doing - I'll have to have a hack and a bash.

A