Suddenly have an error - 'The Outcome control is a requirement of the task'

• 14 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have created a list and form and sharepoint and have successfully submitted to it on previous occasions. Suddenly I am getting this error when I try to submit a new form. 

"Something went wrong.
The outcome control is a requirement of the task. Please make sure it is available on the form"

Firstly, I haven't created anything task related. Secondly, what is an outcome control?

I have created a brand new list based on my existing list and have been able to submit an out-of-the-box SharePoint form to it successfully. It is only when I use the Nintex form that I get the error. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Since you say the list already existed and the form *was* working correctly, the only thing that comes to mind is maybe a Content Type derived from the Task content type was used for the list and now the form believes that it needs an outcome control in order to work correctly. 

Is this now happening to *all* of your forms across your entire SharePoint installation? If so, I recommend contacting Nintex directly for assistance, as this seems like it could easily be a bug.

I am adding this for those who get the error and have a task form.

You can find the "Outcome" control in the control panel.