April Mission: Chopped! Nintex Edition

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Welcome, Workflow Chefs, to the very first Chopped! Nintex Edition.

If you’ve not seen the hit TV show on the Food Network, this is where a basket of mystery ingredients are delivered to the chef and they must concoct the most delicious dish that they are able with those items.

In our April Mission, it’s a tad different! You are going to be given a basket with eight (8) Nintex Workflow actions (each with their own quantities) that you will get to be quite creative with: your goal is to devise a workflow using AS MANY OF THOSE ACTIONS in ONE workflow as possible to achieve some fictional outcome (which you must also describe!) Feel free to be creative and silly… but there are still rules, naturally! (Is it an expense report workflow? Great! Is it a workflow to help Snow White organize the 7 Dwarves she lives with? Also great!)

The Rules:

1. You can ONLY use what’s available to you in your basket (which is listed as “Action (Quantity of that Action)”, with the exception of:
    • Set a Variable
    • Action Set
    • Build a String
    • Send Notification
  2. Use everything in your basket, or just some actions – but they must compose ONE working workflow. 
  3. Post a screenshot along with a tiny write-up about the scenario that your workflow answers.

The Basket:

Alright, get ready to uncover your basket… your actions are:

choppedbasket

• Assign Flexi-Task (2)
  • End Workflow (2)
  • Run If (3)
  • Switch (1)
  • Wait for Item Update (2)
  • Update XML (2)
  • Query List (1)
  • Calculate Date (2)

The Prize:

candyjar

If you use ALL the actions above, you'll be entered into a drawing for a big ole' jar of candy! If nobody uses all the actions, we'll take everyone who uses the highest number and put them in the drawing.  HOW SWEET IS THAT?!

Good luck, chefs! Don’t forget to share your recipes J

28 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

What is the number behind the action?

Cheers,

Rick

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

The number represents how many times you have to use that action in the workflow.  Look at Rule 1. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Correction, it's the most you can use the action.  Looks like you don't have to use all the actions in your basket. 

Badge +8

I apparently missed the text: each with their own quantities 

Badge +8

Applying for the big ole' jar of candy  

Mission added to the Nintex Gallery.

‌,

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

The pdf has 7 pages (5 with pictures). Do you really want me to post that as a comment? But ok, I will do it if you really want it.

Could you please give some guidelines on when to use the gallery, like in february, and when not. Thanks.

Cheers,

Rick

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I like it very much! Great idea ‌ and

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Rhia Wieclawek‌, Cassy Freeman‌,

So I have managed to create my own solution. I have used all available actions from the bucket  The process is like below:

1. Customer fills a form (sorry, I used infopath form‌, but it was just faster ).
  2. Customer selects candy type, amount (can order all available in the stock) and delivery method.
  3. Submits.
  4. Here the workflow is triggered, that first queries the settings list to get approvers and delivery timelines for the selected candy, amount and delivery method.
  5. If customer requested "all" goods, then first the "VIP Approver" must approves.
  6. Then regular approver, based on the settings list approves.
  7. After, the workflow calculated delivery date based on the method.
  8. After it updates XML (form) accordingly whether it is VIP order, or regular.
  9. Then it waits for the delivery manager to check on the form, that the order is shipped.
  10. And then, to check if it was delivered.

This is how it looks like:

(it looks terrible, I have posted it to the Gallery: April 2017 Mission : Candies).

I have also attached the exported file

It seems I cannot attach a file to a Blog Post comment. But I can provide it to you if needed

Regards,

Tomasz

P.S.

Better let there be a lot of FUDGES in the JAR

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Beaaaaautiful! Nicely done

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Great job, ‌!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

My submission was pretty long too so I blogged about it.  This was fun!

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

That is so fantastic. Glad you liked it!

I haven't seen ER in years...

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, I must get out some of those plastic discs that us older people refer to as DVDs and binge watch some time

Badge +16

Sorry for the delay - here is a team effort from Paul Crawford‌ and I:  https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/nintex_gallery/blog/2017/04/27/april-mission-chopped

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

One question still remains! Who won the jar?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

aye aye!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

that will be the goal

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

WINNERS

Well, with 4 entries, and all of you using to the full extent, you had to be entered into a post-it note style raffle draw to determine who won what:

RUNNERS UP: 

‌ /

WINNER:

LOSER

‌, who will now have to ship a jar of candy to Poland  

Badge +16

helps with the diet  well done

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow! So glad! Thank you all  My dentist is so very happy as well  Thanks!

‌ what way to ship will you choose? Sea or air or maybe personally? You could attend first NUG Poland meeting (once I finally gather members and confirm the date)

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Ahem!  Poor Dr Mark Greene and Carter were forgotten in the entry.  :-(

Congrats ‌!  Your submission was very topical!

‌, were there any points for this mission?

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌ is the gift that keeps on giving!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Unfortunately, my random post-it note draw did not favour you

Badge +8

Grats ‌!

Badge +8

Next time, I will try to hack into your post-it draw system to influence the election