Feedback for Rhiasponsive Forms (sorry)

• 18 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello, friends!

I've finally got time to test this out ...Also, I note I am the only discussion post, so I hope I am posting this in the right place.

My responses / feedback / questions will be in orange. 

I've also marked my "problem areas" with alert.png

• Design canvas
    • Drag a control on to the design canvas from the toolbox
      • alert.png I think some users could find this confusing since the default caption title is "Title", and there's also the SharePoint default column name of "Title." Could it maybe instead be "Enter Title Here" or "Control Title" or something.
    • Drag a control next to another control
      • I really like how this works. It's very smooth and I like the sort of "preview" that you get.
      • I had one situation where it didn't work the way I expected -- I had several "full" panels, and tried to drag in another label. It wouldn't let me drop it, I had to drop it into a new line (one of the lines between panels.) My expectation was that the form would've let me insert it under the other content in the same panel but that option wasn't available.
    • Move a control into another row
      • Flawless as far as I can see. Love this. This will save so much time - especially moving a whole panel.
    • Add the maximum number of controls to a row
      • Makes sense. Easy to use. ...As long as 4 is the max number across. After just clicking through each of the control buttons (move, expand, shrink, center, etc) it made sense.  ...is there a max number of rows per panel? Or are we referring to panels as rows now?
  • Controls
    • Setting a Title on a control 
      • Easy & familiar.
    • Hide the Title
      • alert.png I can't figure out how to do that...? Seems like the only way I can is to remove the Connected Field...
    • Set a description on a control
      • Simple and great. Very helpful.
    • Make a control required or read only
      • Easy. alert.png However my comment on this would be to show the "Required" validation on the SharePoint controls as well but have them greyed out. If you can display what the SP settings are, even better!
    • Set a default value
      • Easy. And appreciated that we can do it from here now.
    • Set a placeholder value
      • Easy and great.
    • Single choice control
      • Create a 'Single Choice' control with the options of 'Nintex Forms', 'Nintex Workflow', 'Nintex Mobile'
        • alert.png Easy - but from personal preference, I far prefer to not have to enter commas between - I liked the "new line for each choice" because it made it simple for me to copy / paste it from whatever I needed.
      • Change the 'View Type'
        • alert.png Like, Control Mode? That part is easy. If you mean something else, I'm not sure.
      • Change the 'Layout'
        • alert.png The only way I could see to do this during my testing was by clicking the "Preview" button and moving items around ... but each "layout" reflected each other and the changes mirrored.
    • Add an image control and add an image
      • Very nice, love how it resizes.
  • Rules
    • Create a rule to hide one control when another control is empty
      • Done, simple, just like before.
    • Create a rule to set a field value when another control is populated with a specific value
      • alert.png All I see in the dropdowns for rules are "Hide", "Disable", and "Invalidate" - am I missing something?
    • Create a rule to include a condition when a field either contains either of two specific values
      • alert.png Done, but, I know this is confusing for many folks - I see you have the operators ( ==, ||, etc) but then also  have the runtime functions. Why both? Is there a use case where one will work and the other won't? 
  • Preview
    • Preview the form
      • alert.pngalert.pngalert.png During my testing I was unable to preview the form. If I used the dropdown and chose "preview form", I got an empty "devices" list and the "Generating..." load icon would just spin. If I just clicked the "preview" button (without using the dropdown), the form displayed to me with the circle buttons in the bottom left for different device sizes, seemingly to demonstrate how the responsiveness works, yet, I could still double click and edit all of the controls. That wasn't what I expected to get.
  • Filler experience
    • View the form on a desktop browser
      • The selection area on dropdowns seemed somewhat small to me - smaller than most sites.
      • I believe that the "Null Value" default text should be grey and should be automatically "select all"d if a user clicks on it to enter something else. My assumption is that the null value is because a user has entered nothing there -- but if they click there and want to enter something, they should be able to do so without backspacing - it should just be a typeover.
    • View the form on a mobile browser
      • I will  have to try this later!

What kind of feedback are we seeking?

• Was it obvious how to create a form
    • Some parts were, some parts weren't. You can see throughout my testing where - though admittedly quite a quick run through - I gave up on certain parts, despite being familiar with the Nintex workings to begin with!
  • How was the control 'Drag and drop' experience
    • Good in IE, bad in Chrome. I may have lagged, I am not sure. I can try again if needed - but I got out of there quickly. 
  • How was the control configuration experience
    • I think it needs a bit more consistency - ie, my comment about setting whether a field is required, that isn't displayed on SharePoint columns, but should be - just greyed out.
    • I feel like clicking the <-- and --> buttons on a control should slide the control to the left or right of the control in that direction - ie flip them around.
  • How was the rule building experience
    • Runtimes vs Operators continue to boggle. 
    • I feel like rules need to be made simpler for beginners but I'm not sure how. Maybe that's just the community's job. Maybe templates for common requirements? Though I guess the runtimes themselves are kind of that....
  • Was the control UI obvious?
    • Yes.
  • Did you have any challenges using the forms functionality?
    • I think it's all been noted throughout happy.png 
  • What features or functionality would you like to see in forms?
    • Repeating section numbering would be a good thing!
  • Are there any controls you wish you had or could use? 
    • This is likely extremely niche, but, geolocation in repeating sections. My crew needs it, but for now, they just input UTM coordinates manually.
    • Captioning for attachments / adding metadata next to specific attachments. It can be done in other ways but an attachment control of some kind would be rad.

Other Feedback

• Upon entering the form, I was asked if I wanted to use Pixel Perfect or Responsive forms. I had been under the impression that I would be able to convert - at least - Responsive back into Pixel Perfect. Will we not be able to translate between the two?
  • Good speed for adding / moving controls in IE, not so much in Chrome (at least in my experience.)
  • Love the new "Help" and "Description" abilities. 
  • I would like to be able to launch the form designer in a new tab.
  • The hoverbox doesn't seem to resize itself for super long hovers, as seen below.
  • If CSS isn't planned, is there the possibility to be able to set a style and put in the "Format" dropdown? 
  • Need a way to set the background to another colour. Not sure if I missed that.
  • Under Settings .. what is "Enable for Responsive Form"? It's just a checkbox, and I feel like if it's required for a responsive form ... and I chose a responsive form ... it shouldn't exist as an option. 
  • Oh wait. I didn't see repeating sections in here! Is that on the road map?

All for now! I might take another stab further down the road to really see what it can do. I really like the way it looks, the feeling of it - definitely feels "friendlier". More like a non-coder should be able to easily come in here and do this without issue. I'm really excited to see where this goes.

Good work guys!

rhia

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Rhia Wieclawek‌ is this really a testing made to NWC Responsive Forms? Or have you tested this for O365? I'm somehow confused finding this post here, as I would like to join NWC testing as well and have no idea how happy.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh, this was for Responsive Forms in O365 ... crap I'm in the wrong area! What the heck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Rhia Wieclawek‌,

Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind posting as a reply into this area? Would be good for everyone to see the comments.

Also, if you are interested, it would be good to have a call and discuss some specific items. You can book a call at Calendly - Euan Gamble (Nintex Forms Product Manager) .

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +16

‌ I love the title of this post happy.png haha

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Moved! 

And, that would be cool.

I want to read others' usage and see if I just totally missed certain things. It's possible... ....very very possible.