Cancellable leave request

Hello,

I am currently working at creating a leave request application. As my baseline I used the leave request tutorials. What i am trying to solve now is the cancellability of approved LRs. So my solution was starting a workflow and keeping it in a task enabling a manager or a user to take a "Cancel" action. The task is set to expire on LR end. But expiration doesnt seem to work. Tasks will just not expire no matter what deadline I set up. Is there some special consideration about task expiration that I am not aware of? 

Currently task has a cancel action and expire action. Expire action is linked to deadline and so after the deadline the system should take a user decision step "Expire". But it doesnt.

Enclosed you can find screenshot of a basic idea and task deadline setup

Thank you for assistance

17103i554092ABD973C235.png
12488i54C69489F7F0D973.png

7 replies

Hi

I tried on the following your setting on my end and it works when set deadline linked the action , Can you check on the following KB
https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt154854

Thank you for the answer

I tried playing around with working hours and it seems not to do anything. Even more strangely not even a set time works. If i try to give it say task start + 2 minutes it still wont expire.

After some further investigation it seems even timers aren't working properly in our enviroment. Issue probably goes deeper than task settings then. 

Hi Tom-C,

I have noticed in your attachment that the "expired link" is still connected to a User Task. This means that once the task has expired it will go to that user. If you want your task to be expired you dont have to connect it to any user task. If you really want a 3rd condition called "Expired" you can do so but connect it to End Step instead. Just an additional note. Expire also works witout the 3rd condition that you have added, you can just set the 2 minutes expiration time and on the Task Result Rule behaviour click Create; It will automatically have a Expire reference. 

One way to check is to go to K2 Management > Workflow Server > Workflows > Look for the workflow that you created , Select > Click on the instance on central pane > On top select View Flow.

This will let you know on where is your task is directed. In your case it should be with that user that you set, after expiration

Another way to check is go to your SmartObject Service Tester > SmartObject Explorer > Workflow Reports > Workflow General > Activity Instance Destination > Right Click and Execute SMartObject > Fill on the Folio and press execute

You will see the status of your instances and who is it with already

Please go ahead and try this method mentioned

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hello and thank you for the answer,

I am not sure i understood correctly. But as a demonstration of the problem I created a test workflow with a timer and expirable task. Let it run for 12 minutes(I have several similiar WFs that have been running for days now, all with different settings) and am enclosing flow screenshot from management. I don't think I did anything incorrectly as far as setup goes. This behaviour is what leads me to believe something more is afoot than me incorrectly setting something up.

Hi Tom-C,

Can I ask what is the step or the task you are implementing before the Split step?

Best Regards,

Kate

There is one more split above the image. Split is there as this is my testing workflow and I use splits for partitioning different parts of testing WF. Only logic on the split is as long as 1=1 take the path that leads to currently tested part of WF.