Solved

Workflow to send link external users with gmail and hotmail

• 11 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have a form that when a staff completes and submitted triggers a workflow that sends email notification to parents with personal email accounts with link to the completed form to sign and enter date. As parents submit the form it sends back to staff who completed the form for data collection.

I know that Nintex is internal but is it possible that:

- parent accounts are held in our Azure AD as #####@sac.qld.edu.au but do not have an inbox to it to log into parent portal where the form will be accessible to them

- these parent accounts held in Azure have parent personal emails like gmail

Is it possible that the workflow can identify the parent account #####@sac.qld.edu.au personal gmail/ hotmail to send the notification link in order for parents to sign the completed form?  

icon

Best answer by leighburke 13 November 2020, 03:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@kching I mean you should be able to query ad and get the email using the ad action(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/office365/Designer/Actions/AzureAD-GetUserDetails.htm). The form you are looking to send the parent, where is this currently found? Is it a form on a o365 list?

Badge +1

Hi Leigh,

It is a form on a 365 list. Other questions I have is the token code at the beginning of the recorded username in the workflow notifications see attached- Email notifications image and also the time after the selected date. From the list I have checked the People and group column settings that is connected to the People picker control but I but it still returns the token and email address when we only need the full name. In the action- Send to email action- I am not sure if using the Created by property is what causing the token in the notifications. The time is interesting because the Date and Time column setting seems to be correct- however when selecting the control its locked from enabling Hide.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@kching If you use the advance lookup tab down the bottom, you will be able to choose a format for both the created by and created columns.

Badge +1

Great, thanks Leigh