Visibility of an Activity

• 1 December 2005
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2
Hello,

I wonder if somebody can solve a dilemma I have? For an application we are developing, the customer wants us to be able to complete a process, but also have the facilty to resurrect it and continue from the point at which we rejected!

I am thinking that I could actually make an IPC call to a 'hidden' process and create an activity in a new process instance there. I don't, however, want this activity to show immediately, so I was thinking of implementing a start rule to delay it. But, if this is done, surely it will not show on anybody's worklist? If this is the case, is there any way to drill down to this activity and, say, bypass the start rule so as to kick off the activity, maybe because some external factor has changed?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi
Is it not possible to store the state where it was rejected and also related data in a table and when It is required to be restarted, start a new process and jump to state where it was rejected.From then on you can continue the workflow.

Eg : Process A was cancelled/rejected at activity ACT. store this data somewhere.

When you have to restart then Start Process B with the data from Process A.Jump to activity ACT.Then proceed with the workflow

Hope this helps. :)
Badge +2
I just noticed your reply - thanks for the feedback.