Nintex form will not submit with JavaScipt validation

Badge +2

I have been struggling with getting a Nintex form to submit and am hoping someone will be able to provide some insight.  I have a form with a Save and Submit option.  On Save, the form does not need to have any validation as a user can save and go back and edit the form.  On Submit, the form fields are validated and a workflow kicks off.  I have a JavaScript file referenced in my form settings (under Advanced > Custom JavaScript Includes).  For my Submit button, the Button action is JavaScript and I'm calling my function for Client click (under Advanced).  The JavaScript portion works - if a user tries to submit the form with a missing field, they will receive an error message.  However, when all fields are correctly filled in and the Submit button is clicked, the form spins for a few seconds and then returns back to the form with all fields filled in.  I've read a few other posts, but I can't figure out why the form won't submit successfully.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

5 replies

Badge +2

I should also add that the form submits with no problems in Chrome, but we receive the issue stated above in Internet Explorer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

There's maybe a JavaScript error. Have you tried to see if there's one in IE using the debugger tool (you can access it by pressing F12 in IE) ?

Badge +2

Hi Caroline!  I tried debugging with no success.  It turns out there was an extra line in my JavaScript. After having another set of eyes look at it, we were able to figure out the error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I'm glad that you've fixed your issue wink.png

Badge

I am facing similar issue -nintex form 2016.

here is my script:

function CaptureSnapshot(buttonName){  

var pageUrl2 = window.location.href;
var varcontrol = NWF$('#'+fldStatusSnapshot);
varcontrol.val("In progress").trigger('change');
NWF$(".nf-disableonsubmit[value="+buttonName+"]").click();  
alert("Click 'OK' to initiate the capture snapshot process. This will initiate the job to generate the snapshot data. This window will close and begin the process. You will receive an email when the process completes.");
window.frameElement.cancelPopUp();
}
Works on IE but not on chrome. Alert pop up shows up but workflow is not getting triggered.