Display Repeating Section Data in List Views

• 7 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi 

Has anyone have problem finding “Nintex Repeating Section Data” option in SharePoint List create new column screen? I recently added "Repeating Section" control in Nintex Form. However, I could not find this column type when i tried to display it in SharePoint List Views. 

Am I missing any settings?

Thanks,

Emily

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I think answer for you is here https://community.nintex.com/message/65088-re-how-to-add-the-type-of-information-in-a-column?commentID=65088#comment-650… 

Badge +3

Thanks Marian.

Badge +3

I manage to deploy this custom type (Nintex Repeating Section Data) in SharePoint. It work fine on new List view, but it displayed blank in existing/old List view. The only way to see the data is to view the item on Nintex form.

I only have 3 "single line of text" columns and 1 "YES/NO choice" column in the repeating section. I have checked and make sure the "connected to" setting for Repeating Section is set to "Not Connected".

Is there anything I've missed out?

Appreciate your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I guess you haven't connected repeating section to any list field before, right?

and now you connected it with dedicated list field of new datatype.

so you just changed where repeater data are going to be saved but you haven't copied over data for old/existing items.

so you have to take care of data copy.

the easiet way is to open item in edit form and save it. it should get fixed.

if there are too many of such items you might write small workflow that will do it.

Badge +3

Thanks Marian. I finally got it displayed on List after deleted all the history items.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

perfect.

consider marking a post that pointed you to the solution as correct answer.