Unable to refresh Service Instance of SharePoint Document Library.

• 5 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am unable to refresh the Service Instance of the SharePoint Document Library Smart Object. When I right click on the service Instance and try to refresh it gives error. I created the Document Library smart Object by clicking on SharePoint Site Contents and then "BlackPearl App".

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative or less than the size of the collection"

11847i2FA77DED997F96A9.png

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Seeing from attachment, it appears that you are trying to refresh SharePoint 2013 service instance manually. I would avoid this method as it's not a support way. If you have made a change to the Document Library, please use the K2 app to refresh the SmartObjects.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2forsharepoint/userguide/current/default.htm#build_integrate/the_sharepoint_2013_service_brokers/the_sharepoint_2013_service_brokers.htm#tracksearch=should not need to refresh the service instance

look at the top/bottom of the page in Notes section.

(Apologies for cut-and-paste here)

Manually registering a Service Instance of the SharePoint Broker is also not supported. Any instances of the SharePoint 2013 service broker must be generated using the K2 for SharePoint App Registration Wizard It is highly recommended to allow the K2 for SharePoint app to maintain the structure of the service instance and SmartObjects.

You should not need to refresh the service instance manually or move artifacts from their existing categories as they are generated.

Badge +1

Thanks for timily reply,

actually,  I refreshed the document library instance from the K2 BlackPearl SharePoint app, but after refreshed column didn’t show up in the properties.