Task Form does not inherit List Lookup, Checkbox Values and Attachments

• 29 June 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

Is there a solution to this? When a user goes in to the edit the task form, every field - except the list lookup dropdowns and checkbox button values and attachments - inherits existing data.

This problem does not occur if editing the form via the SharePoint list itself.

It seems this issue of list lookups is particularly described in 3 other threads:

List Lookup to inherit existing column data

How to Populate the Field values from the Nintex form to Task Form in Nintex 2013

How to keep lookup item from form all the way through workflow

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

where should they be "inherited" from? from list item which workflow runs on?

if so, the for attachments this is true, list item attachment and task list item attachment are two different things since they are two different list.

for lookups and radios task form should be able to present list item data, controls are configured properly.

Badge +9

Hi Marian

My workflow: Form Submitted > Request Approval > If Declined > Request Review.

The list lookups should inherit the data stipulated in the initial form submission, but they're aren't doing so.

Task Forms for both Request Approval and Request Review are the same. Both task notifications also use {Common:ApprovalURL}.

Apologies also as I meant checkboxes, not radio buttons.

This issue appears to be also described in another thread:

List Lookup to inherit existing column data 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

data stipulated in the initial form submission

just to be sure, is that meant list new/edit form, or is that meant workflow start form?

how have you created task forms? have you exported list form and imported it into task form?

can you post configuration of lookup control on task form(s).

I've quickly tested it myself on NW/NF2013 on-prem, and I can see lookup value entered in list form on task form, for both request review and request approval, without any problem.

Badge +9

data stipulated in the initial form submission

just to be sure, is that meant list new/edit form, or is that meant workflow start form?

List new/edit form, not workflow start form.

how have you created task forms? have you exported list form and imported it into task form?

Yes, exported from list form and imported into task form.

can you post configuration of lookup control on task form(s).

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is Location lookup-type list field?

if so, then I would suggest to remove existing control and add it once again - from 'List Columns' left side pane.

if it is not lookup field, it will not work this way - ID/Text connected  to settings are used just to save result of lookup control to some other/aside control, they are not control's driving values.

in order you make it working, lookup control has to be connected to lookup-type list field.

Badge +9

Location is a single line of text field.

As an experiment, I created another Location field, this time a lookup type field and did 2 things:

1. Text Connected to setting will not display the new lookup field as an option, so I used ID Connected to setting instead. Still does not display previously entered value.
  2. Removed the control from the Edit Task form altogether and added the new lookup field. Still does not display display previously entered value.

I can only conclude that the Edit Task Form will not ever bring up existing values as far as list lookups are concerned, and Nintex needs to address this issue.

My only option is to lead the user to the Edit Item URL - which does show current values in the list lookups. My problem here is to how to force the Request Review task to complete without the user entering any comments or outcome?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I can only conclude that the Edit Task Form will not ever bring up existing values as far as list lookups are

concerned

task  form CAN definitelly show lookup values from list!

205260_pastedImage_1.png

As an experiment, I created another Location field, this time a lookup type field and did 2 things:

as I said above: drag&drop lookup column from left hand pane 'List columns'. all the basic needed control settings will get configured automatically

205261_pastedImage_6.png

Removed the control from the Edit Task form altogether and added the new lookup field. Still does not display display previously entered value.

is lookup control on NEW/EDIT form connected to list field? ie. do you save lookup value to list field at all?

My problem here is to how to force the Request Review task to complete without the user entering any comments or outcome?

comment is not mandatory OOTB for any task action until you define a custom validation or validation rule for it.

'Request review' action does not have any outcome. with request review you just confirm the task is done, without any agreement/disagreement.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi ‌, did you proceed with this?