cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World's Easiest Nintex Connect Mission

Not applicable
58 91 18.4K

With the blessing of my boss*, I offer you the World's Easiest Mission..

vacation2.PNG

It's August, and here in the Pacific Northwest we're headed into the Dog Days of summer.  Those sticky, hot days when it's all you can do to lift a finger to a mouse.

You need a break.

You got two missions last month.

We're going to reward you for literally lifting a finger.

What do you have to do? Easy.

EasyPeasy_makebadges-1470151640.png

All you have to do is "like" this blog post and leave a comment

below offering a suggestion for a mission on Nintex Connect.

Like is up and to the right - a green box.

And just like that - 100 points and this Easy Peasy badge.

Yep, even the badge for this mission was easy.

*The truth is, it was his idea, and I leapt at it!  So thank Harold Gross​ for the easiest 100 points you ever earned on Connect!  Ever well-informed, Harold wouldn't want me to leave you without the extra tidbit that "Dog Days" is derived from the Greeks who associated this time of year with Sirius, the "dog star," which rises at the same time as the sun.  So, you get 100 points AND a little education! 

91 Comments
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

My suggestion would be one page where everyone comments with their best 1 liners, be it a quick tip, new starter advice, best practice note e.t.c... top 5 one liners with most likes get 1 millions dollars each!!

Not applicable

A million? Let me check the cushions in the break room!

jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

I'd liked a lot an old mission done by Emily where she has provided a sample workflow with some errors and we have to solve them in order to execute it correctly and send her the result..

I'd like a lot mission like that, with workflow and/or forms to debug!

Giacomo

greenawayr
Nintex Newbie

Whilst I appreciate this is a Nintex forum, without SharePoint there'd be no Nintex, so how about a SharePoint Mission.

Your favourite SharePoint hint/tip/trick/feature and your biggest gripe. Can be related to Nintex or not.

At the end of the day we're all here to try and do our job more efficiently so sharing the knowledge about the platform around which Nintex is built has got to be a win as well.

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

I would like to see some missions around the Nintex Learning Center and get more users to dive into that. I feel that there is some great content in there and would really help new users as well as veterans. Not sure if it is possible to look at progress in that area from this platform.

I also like Giacomo Gelosi​'s idea about taking a "bad" workflow and correcting it to make it run as well as Warwick Ward​'s idea of providing some insight/tips to users. The million dollars would be nice to, but I'll settle on points...for now

andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Dont' forget, NintexWorkflowCloud is on its way!

andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Well, I consider this having to lift a finger.

What about attending a Workflow Pros webinar, to help raise awareness that they are out there.

gerardh
Nintex Newbie

I keep forgetting about the Learning Centre - how about an 'easter egg' in one of the videos with instructions to complete a simple mission & email in.

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

How about a form design mission. Perhaps creating interesting design and layouts and provide screen shots of your creations.

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

hehe biggest gripe! you would get lots of participation on that one, not one most companies want to encourage though.

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

a what webinar? or is this a webinar your proposing should be put together.

achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

How about showing the related or similar discussions to a user before he submits his query? it will increase unique set of discussions in the forums

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

aditya gandhe​ -

This already exists, but I am afraid most users overlook it

When you use the "Ask A Question" on the home page of the community, it will display similar questions already asked, as well as other content (blogs, documents, etc).

Users should use Search much more before resorting to posting duplicative questions, but sometimes it is simply easier to ask the question and someone will link to another question that may have been answered.

mlauer
Nintex Newbie

How about a JavaScript mission for Nintex Forms.

geisslm
Nintex Newbie

How about: "What was my 5 minutes / quick win Solution I was able to create with Nintex"?
I had one with my IT colleagues, the had to rise always a ticket if they needed a user to be added to an Actice Directory Group, with a huge time delay in their work. With Nintex I created an easy workflow, allowing them to enter an User and let Nintex add this user to the defined AD Group....

greenawayr
Nintex Newbie

Hence I went with the SharePoint angle rather than the Nintex angle. Perhaps, your biggest gripe with SharePoint that Nintex resolves????

Does that keep the Nintex folk happy?

amywilliford
Nintex Newbie

I agree with the mission having something to do with the Learning Center. That is a great idea!

Not applicable

Lots of great ideas, follks. Thank you! Keep 'em coming!

cory
Nintex Newbie

How about a mission to share your favorite UDA you created?

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Or your favorite UDA that you are using and how you are using it!

christopheraucq
Nintex Newbie

It was even easier as I liked another blog post before this one in this Tech Blog and I was rewarded ;-)

But I will accomplish the mission anyway.

A design (form or workflow) you have developed but if you have time to redo it, you will do it a better way and why.

Just to explain to readers that they are better ways of doing this or that, just by experience.

amywilliford
Nintex Newbie

I already commented but I'm going to add another. What is the most insane workflow you ever developed? Users know we can make workflows do some awesome magic stuff but sometimes the request/need/want just blows your mind. Then you build it and say "Wow, now that's a work of art!" or "I can't believe I made that work!"

dsdesc
Nintex Newbie

How about a mission about the worst case of scope-creep experienced - with bonus points if it involved Nintex products? (I hate to admit it, but I do occasionally work with software other than Nintex....)

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

I like this idea as it forces (sort of) us to go back and apply "lessons learned". This is one aspect that is talked about but never followed through. There are workflows and forms that I look at and ask myself "what was I thinking", but as you said Christophe Raucq​, with more experience we learn "better" ways of accomplishing the same results.

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

David Deschere​ -

It's ok

A lot of the time I start with InfoPath simply because it is what I am comfortable with and then move into Nintex Forms. There are somethings that Nintex does great and other things that InfoPath does great (or could just be I have more experience). You have to use the tools that fit the need/ask.

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Another idea...only because I have InsipreX on my mind already

Missions around InspireX for attending and/or going to workshops/presentations. For those that are unable to physically attend InspireX, since (I believe) all of the sessions were recorded, if you listen to them and post something (answer a question or insight on the topic), you can get the points/badges that way too.

I think this would get people interested in actually going and participating in the Learning Center as well.

kmccool
Nintex Newbie

I have two:

I really liked the missions where we had to fix a problem in a workflow.

Maybe a mission where we have to watch a training video, then create something with what we learned?

Not applicable

How about a mission to use a workflow to create a site with an embedded workflow that can reference url variables from the previous workflow.  

mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

How about a bug/glitch/feature nice to have mission:   users can list off the known bugs/glitches or make suggestions as to what the next greatest feature of Nintex should be.   Steal a bit of of the limelight from the user voice forum... or at least gives everyone a second chance to reiterate what needs fixed/implemented and why!

Not applicable

You should come over than and work a week at my side... and you will never ask for "fun" debugging WFs

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

that was going to be my suggestion too

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

how about a mission where you post your "requirements" and ask us to provide a solution.  It would be cool to see how different people interpret different requirements and how to deliver them!

sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

following on to InspireX ideas, may be a mission where you have to pick 1 or 2 submissions, test it and write a short review / comment for it.

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

I already commented but I would like to add this... How about each person come up with a creative uses of the "Web Request" Action in Nintex Forms!

greenawayr
Nintex Newbie

Enterprise only feature isn't it?

kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Hmmm... Not sure.

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

yes it is but I would still be interested to see what people do with it...

patrickabel
Nintex Newbie

I'd like to see some more challenge-based contests surrounding lesser known features of Nintex workflow and forms.

With so many different ways to solve the same problems, it might be a fun way to spark some conversations regarding the "most efficient or ideal" way of defeating the challenge.

itrippedover
Nintex Newbie

What about a challenge utilizing some of the integration features? Even if it just to a demo/trial system?

Not applicable

Like the idea that Mike M​ has suggested - a mission to share about bug/glitches.

eiben
Nintex Newbie

me too (+1)

achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Yes,That would be great to know certain bugs with certain controls. i.e I faced few issues with the Repeating Section

achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Patrick Abel​.That's great option. We can have a Idea jam for few hours where different users can share conversations regarding a specific topic

tschaef
Nintex Newbie

Unfortunately, some of us are still on SharePoint 2010 and Nintex 2010 and don't have Nintex Forms, so we're not able to participate on some Missions. Maybe we could have a mission where you pose a common workflow question and have everyone post how they've handled it (such as a workflow to send out emails three months before a specified date). I'm amazed at how many different ways there might be to do the same thing and once we know one way we don't consider others, so it would be interesting to hear other ideas and look at a problem multiple ways.

akrasheninnikov
Nintex Newbie

Shouldn't we all get paid for answers then? ;-)

akrasheninnikov
Nintex Newbie

A uservoice-centric mission? Nice.

fhunth
Nintex Newbie

I think a good idea could be to make 1 or more collaborative(designed and/or discussed among "missionaries") workflows, and apply a best practice on each action of the workflow

fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Frank Field​, perhaps you could create a badge for "missionaries", people who participated on +3 missions.

Not applicable

I'm looking at trying to string together missions for a year-end uber-mission.  Takes a little doing in our platform's gamification add-on. I'm definitely working on it already, tho! :-)

Lots of good ideas here. I will do my best to make some of them happen, especially the ones that I can measure in our platform. In other words if there's a trigger in Jive that I can track, I can use it in a mission. Hence, the majority of missions revolve around "liking," "posting," etc.

mattbriggs
Nintex Newbie

Create a custom control for Nintex Forms.