How to use the List Lookup with cascading drop downs

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

This is a quick video to show off the new List Lookup control with cascading.

7 replies

Badge

This looks great - are you able to confirm if these new lookups will support the following in both NWC and 365?:

1. Is the item retrieval limit still held to the SharePoint view limit of 5000 items, with an offline mobile cache limit of 500? (and how do these limits extend to cascading lookups?)
  2. Will there be support for multiple value lookups?

3. Will there be a lookup() runtime function? (and if so, will this be for both platforms?)

Looking great so far, can't wait to start using it in some projects.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Samuel_Short,

Glad you like the look of the new designer. Keep the questions coming.

1. Are you able to confirm if these new lookups will support the following in both NWC and 365?
    We are considering SharePoint lookups for NWC in the future but it is not in the near term. We will most likely prioritize web services control for NWC first.
  2. Is the item retrieval limit still held to the SharePoint view limit of 5000 items, with an offline mobile cache limit of 500? (and how do these limits extend to cascading lookups?)
    At this stage it will be the same limits as SharePoint.
  3. Will there be support for multiple value lookups?
    At the moment we only allow a single filter but we will be looking into more advanced queries using web services in the future.
  4. Will there be a lookup() runtime function? (and if so, will this be for both platforms?)
    We will build the same functionality as the existing Responsive designer so that customers can migrate. Therefore, we will have a lookup() function.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge
I cannot filter within the Responsive Mobile Form - the same form works fine on the Desktop.

It always returns 'No Options' in addition when I do try to access the cascading filtered field it blanks out previously selected lookups.

This is a critical function for Health and Safety in the field for a company I am working for.

Field C depends on the B field which depends on A.

What am I missing? As mentioned it works fine on the Desktop.

Is this functionality missing on Responsive Mobile Forms and if so is there a workaround?

Thanks

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Since this post is over1.5 years old, have you done any work to support multiple filters on a lookup? In bullet point #3 you indicate you're working on advanced queries. This feature is very much needed.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @David-,

We have begun adding more functionality into Nintex Workflow Cloud Forms which includes the Data Lookup control. The Data Lookup control can be connected to Office365 and support multiple filters.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thank you for the quick reply. While this feature is useful in workflows, I need this feature in the new responsive forms to ensure that the correct value has been selected.

Badge +1

Is this feature available in NWC form Designer. I can't find list look up in the Designer.