cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen...

Not applicable
11 76 7,851

It’s very sad for me to say that this will be one of my last posts in the Nintex Community as your Community Manager. I’ll still be here for another couple weeks until September 4th, making sure things go smoothly in the transition but I’ve decided to move on from Nintex. A new adventure calls, and part of that includes returning to Australia, but not before road tripping across the USA for a couple months. If you have any suggestions on places to go, send them my way .

Since we launched this site over a year ago I’ve seen incredible energy and commitment from everyone. It’s been an absolute joy to work with this community, and the connections I see being made on the site every day is wonderfully fantastic, and awesome. As a community, this site has such warmth, and that comes down to everyone who is involved.

I’ve had a huge amount of fun along the way, and I’m so impressed and excited by the participation on the site, and for your enthusiasm, especially on the monthly missions. There have also been many laughs, from the witty banter in your discussions as you search for an answer, to the joy and enthusiasm you all show;  including Andrew Glasser who couldn’t resist making an M&M estimator workflow for our last mission!

Though, perhaps, you all are just doing it for the points Smiley Wink. There is still the question of who will be in the 2015 winners?! I expect you all to continue helping each other out, and providing the awesome content everyone has gotten used to .

You have many new things to look forward to in this community, including your new community manager, Frank Field​! Now he doesn’t look quite as good as me in a dress, but I’m sure you guys will get along fine. You might want to be gentle to begin with , though you have my permission to give him a bit of ribbing as a newbie!

What a great time it’s been. If anyone would like to keep in contact with me, you can find me on Linkedin​, or follow me on twitter @em_billing. Maybe one day, I’ll meet some more of you face to face!

So as I come to the end of this adventure, I’ll begin my goodbyes now (the song does take a while to complete after all)!

CjmFYQ0ycrEbe.gif

Farewell Nintex Community!

Em, your ever grateful community manager

P.S. Yes, I do love the Sound of Music. I once made a detour from Vienna to visit Salzburg just so I could go on a sing-a-long Sound of Music bus tour. It was amazing.

76 Comments
jessc
Nintex Newbie

Sorry to see you leave Emily! Thanks for all of your energy and 'community forming' both on Nintex Connect as well as Twitter! You will be missed!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Emily!

I'm both sad and happy for this news..Sad because you've done a lot for this community in this year but in the mean time happy because you talk about a new adventure and new adventures are always fascinating..

I hope everything good for you and welcome to Frank Field

Not applicable

Def sorry to see you leave, Em!!  Thank you for everything you have done to bring this community to where it is!!  You have been a rock star!!  May the winds always be at your back on your journey across the country, and you find happy adventures along the way!

Frank Field​, looking forward to what you will have in store for us!

jblair
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for all your hard work and all the great content Emily, have a blast on the road trip and safe travels!

Not applicable

All the best!!

Not applicable

Thanks Giacomo! It's been fun

Not applicable

Thanks Jess!

Not applicable

Will do Jason! Thanks!

Not applicable

Thanks so much Steve! I'm looking forward to it

rencygonzalez
Nintex Newbie

Good luck Emily wishing you all the best!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm officially crying over here....

So sad to see you go...but I know you will have fun and do well in whatever you do next.  Its been fun and real, and we will definitely miss you.

mdooley
Nintex Newbie

Congratulations Emily!  You did a great job of maintaining the community and engaging the members, and that is a very difficult thing to do. People just don't realize how much effort it takes to do so, and you did a wonderful job.

Best wishes to you with your future endeavors!

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Emillllllllllly!!!! I don't want to see ya go! Over the past year, I have truly gotten used to your upbeat personality. I will really miss you.

As you know, I'm going to recommend you visit Pigeon Forge, TN. I also will advise you to visit the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. The mountain scenery is beautiful there, especially in the fall. A lot of people like to go to Luray Caverns in Luray, Va. If you go from Leesburg, VA to Winchester, VA, you will see horses, ranches, farms, mountains, small historic colonial towns, caverns, etc.. You get a little bit of everything.

My son loves Australia. I don't know why because he's never been there. I will tell him I know someone from his favorite place! Stay blessed Em!

Lisa

cgb
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for all of your stewardship over the past year and good luck in your next endeavor.  I am a veteran road trip warrior within the USA.  One place to visit is Wind Cave National Park - just south of Rapid City, South Dakota.  Enjoy your road trip!

Not applicable

Thank Mike, it's been a very fun journey!

Not applicable

Thanks for the wishes Chris, and for the roadtrip tips Wind Cave National park looks fun! I'm looking forward to a USA roadtrip, so many things to see!

mdooley
Nintex Newbie

By the way, I forgot to mention if you make your way to Denver, I’d recommend stopping at the Iron Mountain hot springs in Glenwood, Colorado. It’s brand new, has numerous little spa areas for the springs, and they the bring drinks to you!

Not applicable

Aw thanks Lisa , it's been such a pleasure being involved, and I've had such an amazing time. Haha I knew you'd have some tips! Love it, it's going to be a blast. Keep up the good work! And tell your son he's welcome to visit Australia anytime, it's not too far away

Not applicable

Perfect! That sounds right up my alley

Not applicable

Thank you, Giacomo! I'm looking forward to being part of the community!

Not applicable

Thank you, Steve!  I have a tough act to follow, but I'm looking forward to being part of the community!

Automation Master
Automation Master

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window. Thank you for everything you have done, you will be greatly missed, Auf Wiedersehen, Em.

Automation Master
Automation Master

And there is a NASCAR race in October at Charlotte Motor Speedway I will be at, what is more American than that? I'll see you there.

Not applicable

No way! There is a good chance I'll be in Charlotte in October!

Automation Master
Automation Master

It has been a pleasure Emily, the community will miss you.  You always found a way to keep things electric around here and keep us on our toes.  The best of luck to you. 

Automation Master
Automation Master

Au revoir Em!

You have genuinely built up a real positive community here.  You've managed to increase the banter and jokes, increase the number of people contributing to the site whether that be answers to questions, blog posts, code snippets etc.  The monthly missions have been great and the unanswered questions section is a stroke of genius.  You have truly lived up to your title of Community Manager.  Thank you very much for all you've done!

I can't recommend anywhere specific in the States except to try and party on some random's rooftop overlooking New York's Central Park at 7 in the morning.  However, I can recommend lots of places in New Zealand if you ever come this way. :-)

Welcome aboard Frank Field​.  From all the pictures, Emily looks tiny but you have some very big shoes to fill!

Chris :-)

Not applicable

Thank you, Chris! I'll do my best!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm... I may have to join you on this one Andrew.  I have a few friends on pit crews that will be there and its my home town also so, it could be a sorta renuion.  Wonder if I can demo Nintex to Nascar :-)

vahid
Nintex Newbie

All the best em.

We'll see you here when you are back I assume?

Not applicable

In Melbourne, yes

Not applicable

That would be awesome!

Not applicable

It's been a pleasure for me too thanks Mike!

Not applicable

Chris! I will find myself a random rooftop in NY

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

All the best Em! I have to admit I was sceptical of this new "community" when lunched but you really made it come alive!

johncharles
Nintex Newbie

We will miss your enthusiasm and energy on this site Emily!  Can I say - You have done a simply Tremendous Job - You really have been a tremendous driver for many People - Really well done and Thankyou!  On the Plus Side - it means we get you back here in Australia!  :-)   Safe Travel.

fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Actually all of us will miss your constant presence, answers and good predisposition for any subject you can help.

I 'm happy knowing that you 'll be surrounded by people and place you love.

Within a few months, come to the site and tell us about you.

Nice trips.

And a great welcome to Frank Field​!

Automation Master
Automation Master

I know teams that use SharePoint!

Not applicable
Haha I recall your hesitation! Love that you've embraced it, even winning a mission last month Smiley Wink thanks Warwick! 
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for all the energy you put into this project and all the nice words you found for askers and helpers.

You'll be missed as the always smiling face of this whole portal.

I wish you everything good for the upcoming adventures!

Take care!

Automation Master
Automation Master

It's been a pleasure to see you here as a community manager. I've never seen a community like this one and this is thanks to you, Em ! You've had so many great ideas !

Unfortunately I cannot advise you for your USA roadtrip as I've never been there but if you'd like to visit Western Europe, don't hesitate !

I hope you will enjoy your new adventures. I wish you all the best.

Welcome to you Frank Field!

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

You know me - I always have some advice. Enjoy seeing the US. I will tell him.....although it is far away. Maybe some day we will get there.

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Charlotte was a pit stop for me and my family on our vacation on our way to Georgia. We stayed overnight there.

Not applicable

Thank you, Caroline!

Not applicable

Thanks Rency!

Not applicable

Thanks very much John! This has been a great community to be a part of

Not applicable

Thanks Enrico, I'll miss all of you guys too!

Not applicable

Aww thanks Fernando, I'm excited to be going back home . It's been a pleasure working with you! And I'll be sure to send an update!

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the Community.  We will definitely miss you!  Good luck and God bless.

As far as your USA road trip goes, it's approaching Fall which means it's time for football!!  I would suggest a college football game, especially if it's a Southeastern Conference (SEC) game.  Of course, I'm extremely partial to my Alabama Crimson Tide.  You can't beat the game day atmosphere!

pamela_denchfie
Nintex Newbie

Emily Billing​ your unique, enthusiastic, and joyful self will be sorely missed on Community as well as here in the Bellevue office at Nintex! Wishing you a great and varied trip across the US. You've received lots of good advice on places to go

Welcome, Frank Field​. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and see the great new things you bring to the Community!

Not applicable

Likewise!  And thank you! I'll try not to turn around too much and pester with questions! :-)