cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirecting the user from the task list page after responding to a workflow task

Not applicable
13 10 9,741

A common request we receive is how to redirect the task list page to a specific page after completing a task from the ‘Respond to this task’ link from within the notification email.

The simple way to do this is to create a link inside the notification section of the action. To do this you’ll need to use the Approval URL reference and add “&Source=http://yoursite.com/” after the reference. Click on the Link button under the Insert tab and fill it out with the following configuration:

Untitled.png

The task list page will now be redirected to the selected page after the user responds to the workflow task.

10 Comments
ganesh_lathi
Nintex Newbie

I was looking for some help with redirection and i saw your thread. This worked like charm. Thank you

Not applicable

Ganesh,

Not a problem! Glad to hear this helped!

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

ispike
Nintex Newbie

Hi Andrew,

I am fairly new to SharePoint & Work-Flow.

Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to redirect users after they click save on my Nintex form.

Currently it takes them back to the list. I would like to redirect users to a thank-you confirmation page.

Here is a picture of my form & Work-flow:

Thank you

Not applicable

Inger Spikner​, I've reposted your question in a separate thread here: How to redirect users who click on a Nintex Form

Andrew Beals was hoping to answer it in a separate response.

Thank to you both!

Frank

ispike
Nintex Newbie

I'm not sure this addresses my concern.  In my case, users are not responding to an email, they are registering for a training class using a Nintex form that I developed. My problem is---after the user submits the training request, the users are directed to list.  I want users to be directed to a thank you page that dynamically lists the training class, dates and times based on what they registered for.

Not applicable

Igner,

Please see Frank's reply to your original question above.

brilong
Nintex Newbie

I am trying to do this using the Common Approve and Reject references in the email without the users going into the form. I have tried using this method for the redirect unsuccessfully. Any suggestions for how to redirect when using those references?

cassymfreeman
Nintex Newbie

can you send a screenshot of your configuration please?

brilong
Nintex Newbie

dinafischer
Nintex Newbie

This worked perfectly for me!  Thank you!