The form has control(s) that have incomplete property settings

• 2 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +16

Hi All

I have a workflow that I am trying to import from a development farm to production farm.  Everything works perfectly in the development farm.  The lists are exactly the same in both environments.  When I import the workflow, all of the flexi task actions have an error "The form has control(s) that have incomplete property settings." and I cannot publish the workflow.  I searched on the community and saw similar threads:

I have a workflow with Flexi tasks in it. it functioned properly in our quality farm, but in our production farm, the flexi tasks show errors (the following fields must be configured - The form has control(s) that have incomplete property settings. I c

Can't publish an imported workflow

Workflow Publish issue With Flexi Task -2010

All of these seem to suggest issues with controls and lookups.  I have opened the settings for every control and saved.  No change.  I have changed the connected to properties for each control and saved.  No change.  I have deleted the controls and saved. No change.  I am pulling my hair out and don't want to resort to having to develop all the custom forms inside my workflow manually again as there are many.

Someone must know what the issue is?

8 replies

Badge

Hi, maybe you want to try and disconnect the field "Connected to" and then re-connect it back to the SharePoint column.

We encounter such issues previously and found that the development and production site have different List GUI id which cause the lookup field to have problems.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Are you on an older build?  I remember there being some strange stuff surrounding Flexitasks a few versions ago that have since been resolved, I wish I could remember the exact version but if I had to guess it be about 5 back from the current.

Also, if you add a brand new Flexitask to your form are you getting the same thing?   

Lastly, do you have another Layout in your form where there could be a misconfigured control hiding?  (Check your mobile layouts and tablet layout just to be sure).

And lastly lastly happy.png ... make sure to check your Form Variables for anything that might not be resolving such as a lookup function on a variable.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +16

Hi!

So we are using 3.1.6.0.  I have no other layouts that i have configured, and i have even tried deleting the OOB ones that are built as i won't use them and that doesn't help.  If I add a new flexi task it is fine and if I "reset" my form it is fine also.  it looks like I will have to redo all seven forms from scratch - what an oversight this is from Nintex!

Badge +16

Hi

Yes I tried this on all the controls on the form but nothing worked.  I even deleted all my fields and left just labels on there and still the message persists.  The only way I can remove it is to reset the form and start again!

Badge +16

I have had a response from Nintex support along the same lines as the above and the other threads:

"When you import a workflow to a new farm, the form controls that reference the list will need to be recreated. This is because the control is referencing a list guid that no longer exists. Even though you have transferred the list, the site will be new and will have a new site id, so the list guid will have changed. You mentioned that even when you remove the controls causing issues you will experience the same errors, can you send us a export of the problematic workflow and I will take a closer look. It is possible, you are using multiple layouts on the form and the other layouts still have controls that need to be recreated."

So it looks like I will need to redo all the forms from scratch, luckily I have another environment to copy from, but that won't make it any less painful!  sad.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

‌ - 

I am sure this is a long shot (and you may have already done this), but have you exported the XML file of the form from your dev environment and imported that into your production?

Hate to agree with you on this one, but it seems like you may be stuck recreating the forms sad.png but perhaps the XML will give you a "framework" to work with, and all you need to do is drop in the "new" controls after you remove the old ones.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just as a side note, you could always tweak the exported form XML to  match the new guids of the lookups. 

Badge +3

Hi Cassy,

You can deactivate and activate Nintex prerequisites, Nintex form for list Nintex forms in Nintex workflow, Nintex workflow features.