Hey guys, I would like to know if is possible respond an approval task from my sharepoint list or document library directly instead of receiving an email? I mean is great receive an email with the link to approve a task but also if someone, an approv

• 26 August 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +6

190365_pastedImage_0.png

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Walter,

I don't know if it's what you need but if you show in the list the workflow status column, it will shows a link to a page with all the occurred tasks until now and what you've logged to the workflow history. There, the user can click on his task and answer it.

Hope this help.

Giacomo

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Or you could use the Common property in the workflow "Approval URL" and then write that value to a column in your list/library and provision a link directly to the approval task.

Badge +6

Thank you Ryan,

That is what I need, I am trying but to be honest I dont know the way to write the approval URL  to my column in my list and then get the link. do you have an screenshot or something like that?

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Afraid I only have access to O365 at the moment, so the Common:ApprovalURL property is not available to me (not that I'm aware of anyway, I've only just started using O365 workflow).

On-prem you could do it a couple of ways.

I would create one field call ApprovalURL (single line of text) and use an Update Item action to add the Common:ApprovalURL property. This will write the URL straight to the field, then to tidy it up so to your Library Settings and create a Calculated Column with the following configuration

Capture.PNG

Be sure to select anything other than Single line of text for how the data type is returned and SharePoint will render the HTML.

Badge +6

Thank you for your help guys, I think that for some reason I dont have the reference ApprovalUrl, is there any way to fix it? Thank you

193331_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What type of workflow is this? List or site?

Badge +6

Hello Ryan,

This is a List workflow. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ApprovalURL is available only within the task action, it doesn't make sense outside of it.

what kind of task do you use? that might cause how difficult it might be to determine approval url.

I personally don't think it's a good idea to make approval link available directly within the list. apart from  difficulties to get it there, it will be available to all the users accessing the list but only one/few of them will have rights to answer. which might confuse people.

if your users lose approval links/mails there is probably a better solution to give them access to 'My workflow tasks' webpart where they can see their all tasks from all workflows.

if you learn them to check the page with their tasks regularly you might save a lot of effort and troubles with approval links.

Badge +6

You rock ‌!!!

That is what I needed. Gracias mil happy.png