cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year, Renewed Community

Not applicable
20 15 5,988

As we prepare to embark on a new year, I'm spending a lot more time looking forward than I am looking back.  That's because there are big changes in store for the Nintex Connect community, and I'm very excited about them!

Here's what's happening, why, what that will mean to the community, and when you can expect things to change. 

The biggest news is that we're moving our community to a new platform!  I thought it might be helpful to provide a little timeline about our community to explain what that means.

Long-time members may recall that this will actually be the second time we've announced a move for our community.  Nintex once had a set of forums for several years before moving to community software (called Jive) in the summer of 2014.  We spent three years growing from a few thousand members to about 20,000 today. This past spring, we learned that Jive was purchased by an enterprise software company called Aurea...

timeline

Aurea decided this past summer that it wasn't going to pursue the external community business any longer.  That's a community like Connect, which is for a company's customers and partners, not just their employees.  Aurea sold that part of the business to another company, Lithium.  Lithium is a long-time leader in the social business software space.  After careful exploration, Nintex decided to move forward with a migration to the Lithium platform. In part, that's because Lithium has committed to folding the best of Jive into it's own platform, which has some great features of it's own, as I'll get into in a bit.  We'll be joining some successful communities that use the same platform, such as Bose and StubHub.

We'll also be one of the first Jive customers to move, so Lithium has committed to moving us quickly, with minimum disruption to you, our members.  Lithium has put the wheels in motion by assigning us a team experienced in making these transitions.  And Nintex has already corralled the resources needed, too. I've met with people across several departments, and we're ready to get to work.

We're not just "changing the drapes" in our community with this move, we're making it better experience! In addition to being on a platform that will have fewer bugs and more regular updates than we have now, we'll have other features. One big one is that we're working on providing a single sign-on experience, so that if you log into the community or the customer portal or the new Learning Central, or Partner Central, you can move seamlessly among them without having to use a separate registration.

It's also going to be easier to find what you're looking for,  interact with and help your fellow community members, and there'll even be a new way to earn your community reputation.

Perhaps best of all for some of you, after this last time, we will stop doing the annual resetting of points!

I'll provide more details in regular updates as we start building the new community.  But if you want to be one of the first to see the new community, I recommend attending Nintex xchange, because we plan to unveil it in a session at the conference in February.

Thanks for being with us, and for coming along as we move.  I am confident it's going to be a great experience!

Tags (1)
15 Comments
Workflow Hero

Good luck with the project, Frank! 

Workflow Hero

I wish I could share you confidence, but after my experience with the MS Technical Community that was moved from yammer to a Lithium based community, I am very unimpressed with their platform. It is difficult, if not impossible to easily find unread posts and the search functionality is very ineffective.

Workflow Hero

Let's hope the team already knows the issues there and has assessed the risks accordingly.

Workflow Hero

‌ when was this experience you had with the Lithium product?

Workflow Hero

It has been ongoing for the past 18 months and continues today. The site I'm referring to is Home - Microsoft Tech Community 

Not applicable

Dean Gross‌, I appreciate knowing about your experience.  I have asked my Lithium contacts if they can provide two things 1) some explainer about why that is your experience in that Lithium community, and 2), any insights that will help me help our members avoid a similar experience.

I can say that in the Lithium community for community managers, I'm not experiencing these problems. However, I will use the info I receive to create the best possible experience in our community.

Yammer is a very different type of collaboration tool. Yammer is great for internal groups who want to focus on specific areas inside an org. No platform is perfect, that's for sure. Without getting all "inside baseball," I can relay that Jive-x has confronted me with a number of bugs that will never be fixed now. And waiting while the new owners attempt to knock down the queue of cases for broken things is also problematic. We are certainly never going to make everyone happy, least of all me, as the more I research communities, the more I wish I had the know-how to create my own!  But I think of the available platforms that tick the boxes of our needs, Lithium is going to be a better home for us in the long-haul.

I'll need help flagging things that aren't working after launch -- and maybe before, so don't be surprised if I ping you to come help "break stuff" pre-launch :-) .  Feel free to send feedback, good and bad as we go forward.

Thanks!

Workflow Hero

Has the Nintex Yammer Network at Yammer  been abandoned? it has not had any activity in a long time.

Workflow Hero

I will volunteer to be on the " break stuff" crew if you need more help.

Not applicable

That looks like a platform the Partner team used. I'll ask them when I get to work next week. I will see the lady in charge of their Partner portal. But I would guess that it was abandoned in favor of the current partner.nintex.com portal.

Not applicable

Hi, ‌! I'd love to connect with you to learn more about your experiences in that community so I can take the learnings into ours.  Please keep an eye out for a PM.  Thanks!

Workflow Hero

I'm always on the "break stuff" crew... unintentionally, but still..

Workflow Hero

Workflow Hero

This is awesome! 

The Autodesk Forms are also powered by Lithium! 

Combining the features already present with those of the sold off Jive portion should make for an even more compelling experience. 

Good luck on the transition! 

Not applicable

Thanks, ‌,

My understanding is that Lithium has an 18-month timeline to start integrating Jive features. Right now, they've set up an area in the Lithium for CMs community to get our feedback on features we like. I'm submitting those things that I know I see getting used here a lot. But if there are things about Jive that you like, drop me an inbox message! Love to hear all info.  

Not applicable

I should add here for the group that ‌ provided me a nice tour last week of the problems he sees in the Lithium communities he visits. I sent the list of issues to my project coordinator for this migration saying I thought we could avoid some or all of them. He agreed. So, I can't guarantee everything will be perfect, but everything that I can flag now is one more potential pitfall to avoid later.  Thanks, Dean!