cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June Mission - What is something in your life you wish you could turn into a workflow?

Not applicable
8 66 12.9K

This month, I wanted to throw a question to you. It's about how you'd want to #nintexify your life if you could. You've all seen how Nintex can help with business processes, and making your work life simplier and more efficient, but have you ever wished you could apply the same thing to your life?

For the June mission, I'd love to hear:

"What is something in your life you wish you could turn into a workflow?"

Mine involves wedding planning, not my own but friends. In the first half of this year I was a bridesmaid twice, and being a bridesmaid from the other side of the world has it's difficulties! When it came to choosing a dress, we had three bridesmaids in three different countries, and finding the same bridesmaid dress was a challenge.

We all needed to be on the same page, so there was a lot of back and forth, getting sign off from the bride and bridesmaids on a dress, shoes, jewelery etc and then organising payment, transfers and other tasks and details you didn't know you needed. And I had to do this twice, so I'd have to say this stage of the wedding planning would be ideal for a workflow .  And...having a workflow would help if I happen to be in another wedding!

Let us know what you'd do in the comments below and you'll earn yourself a bonus 200 points!

66 Comments
Not applicable

If I could turn anything into a workflow in my life it would have to be my workouts.

I love to exercise and I do four times a week. With work in the way, house duties, family and other commitments it can become interesting as to when to slot in my workouts( not excuses ).

I do have a set schedule however if I had a workflow to manage this, those days when I feel 'not so motivated' would be different because I would not be able to move to the next part of my day (like a workflow) before I finish the workout.

This would be helpful as I would keep track of every single workout (history log) and even email myself well done at the end of each workout!

Not applicable

Sean Fiene​ was talking about the same thing Maybe there's a market for this!

Not applicable

I would like to turn my monthly utility bill payments cycle into a workflow. Would like to have a workflow that monitors my monthly utility bills(Electricity, Water, Broadband, Home Maintenance and etc) and when the bill comes in, it makes the payment using my credit card. I can also set up alerts to notify me once the payment has been done, store all the payment history in an organized manner and a one stop dashboard for me to monitor everything thru the workflow.

Not applicable

Interesting challenge Em

I would find it extremely useful to have a holiday workflow.

Wait what? You need a workflow for a holiday? What’s wrong with you?

Well, my holidays are complicated. I am in to camping and 4x4-ing so there is a lot to think about and organise, nothing like travelling 1000Km to find out your gas cylinder is empty and you can’t cook!

Further complicated by the fact that my destinations are often in other countries so there is a lot of paperwork to consider (passport, visa, car papers, insurance) Arriving at the border to find your car licence has expired will obviously end well!

A holiday prep workflow would really help with all of this!

Not applicable

Project management on home improvements. Coordinating who has to do what in what order, when is it actually getting done, the cost for each sub contractor I hire, have they been paid yet? When is payment do? I go type a thesis on how many ways I could use it for this one.

Automation Master
Automation Master

possible outcomes, if these were tasks, would be "Yes I worked out", "No I was Lazy".

Then report on the outcomes over time. Put on a weekly graph. Determine that Mondays are not so awesome.

Automation Master
Automation Master

When using autopayment for bills, this seems to happen without reminding me it is happening. I want a workflow to notify me with an approval task, "Pay this bill today?" in which I can use lazy approval to do so. If I reject, then the payment is delayed.

Nintex Newbie

I'd like to have a workflow for my sons chores. It would have to be a parallel action one for each. I guess it would have to fall within a state machine as well so I can see where they are in the chores. When they complete each chore, they would have to say complete which would notify me. Then they could move to the next one. Some could be done simultaneously. For example, washing clothes and cleaning their rooms. It would serve multiple purposes: help my sons with their selective memory and let me know they have completed each task.

Nintex Newbie

You know - a workflow would also be good for planning a family reunion!!! I organized one this year and my family is all spread out. I think this would be good to create and use every year! It could send out notifications: send details, requests counts of attendees, send reminders, send tasks to other organizers, etc.

Not applicable

Hehe I'm sure they'd love it too

Nintex Newbie

Hmmmm....its got me thinking!!!! My oldest does have a cell and they both have emails!!!!!!

Emily, they may have a problem with you if I put it in affect!!!

Nintex Newbie

A workflow to manage my bills and expenses! I use auto-pay to alleviate some of the pain, but I still need to log in to 500 different places to manage everything! I wouldn't mind reviewing everything in one place and having a workflow do all the grunt work for me.

Now that I think about it, I need to go install Mint..

Nintex Newbie

I'd love to have a workflow to manage all the family appointments - pickups and drop offs, sports,  events, household chore and the like so that the family all know what's going on. Also to be able to show how much work needs to be done.nine such little time. Then to know that if someone holds something up then how it shifts everything else.

Automation Master
Automation Master

I'd like a workflow to manage all my daily tasks, be it work related or personal.   Having reminders to do the things that I forgot would be extremely helpful, whether it's calling someone back, or sending out an important email, or making an appointment for something.  Then what would be even more useful is figuring out the parts of my life I could automate so that if I didn't get around to doing them, they would still happen on their own.

Nintex Newbie

I'd like a workflow that toasts as you cut the bread. Like this:

(Sorry, I just watched the video before I logged in and need the 200. ;-) )

Not applicable
He he he that is one fancy contraption. 
Automation Master
Automation Master

Doing any kind of inspection - it's a standout use case for Nintex mobile + workflow.  e.g. if you rent out your property/holiday home, you want to take some photos of the condition before it is rented so you go around using your mobile phone to do that.  You'd also take notes as you go and the workflow could even tell you want to look at (e.g. the alarm code for this place is 1234, the cabinet door is a little loose so check it hasn't degraded, there should be 6 plates and 6 cups, ).  Collate them and get the customer to agree - maybe by using DocuSign.

Then either during routine inspections or the final inspection, repeat the process.  Nintex can schedule these for you and also assign tasks if you detect items need work (auto assign to plumbers, electricians etc).

Cheers,

Chris

Nintex Newbie

There is a lot of repetition involved in telling my son to do his homework or clean up his room.

A workflow in combination with automatic lock / unlock of Windows Family Safety would be really helpful. :-)

Nintex Newbie

Manage family anniversaries/birthdays/Christmas and auto order things off their Amazon wish lists.

Set each date and recipient with a spend limit, and let the workflow do the business! Impress your other half by being more organised.

Not applicable

I would like a workflow to cook bacon for me.

Nintex Newbie

If only I could Nintex Workflow the yard work, and resolving conflict between my kids.

Until then, I guess I still have my wife...to remind me.

Nintex Newbie

I'm going to build a workflow to help me collect requirements for all the workflows mentioned for this mission .

Seriously though, if I could connect any two systems via a workflow and have it process the logic on its own, then I would leave the rest to history.

Nintex Newbie

A workflow for class reunions would be nice to handle what everyone could contribute to the event. Also a workflow for governmental stuff would be nice where I can see the state of my tax declaration and insurance thingies and let the documents be approved.

Nintex Newbie

I need one to make family dinner plans.  Asks for suggestions, maybe a flexi-task to allow for voting on outcomes, assign tasks (prep, cooking, clean up). 

Nintex Newbie

I would love to see a version of Nintex Workflow for non-business related things. Example: A group of friends want to get together and see a movie. A flexitask where all assignees must agree on a movie to see would be awesome!

This could be a mobile solution similar to Tasker - Android Apps on Google Play

Automation Master
Automation Master

If all must agree, you may never see a movie that night.

Automation Master
Automation Master

And have it keep track of previous choices. To prevent recent duplications, or find favorites. So that it learns that every Friday is taco night and pre-orders Frontera for you. After an approval of course.

Or after the voting is in, it puts together the SP List saved grocery necessities for those meals and creates a shopping list.

Nintex Newbie

And sends the list to the assigned grocery shopper.  Or maybe better yet just calls and orders pizza.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Allowing Nintex to run even where Sharepoint was absent would be amazing wouldn't it

Nintex Newbie

My commute.

Not applicable

I would have a routine that let the chickens out each morning, went to check that the cows are still standing up. Then, in the evening, feed the chickens and lock them up.  Actually, would this work with the kids too?

Nintex Newbie

Putting "getting up and falling asleep" in a workflow would be awesome. It should make sure you eat on time, go to bed on time, fall a sleep on a specified time and not lie awake for hours... When you start waking up in the middle of the night it should catch the error and bring you in the sleeping state again. And based on some calculations it ensures that you get enough sleep and get up on time in the mornings, preferably in state "happy" ;-).

Nintex Newbie

The whole house hunting and buying process could have a workflow. There is so much involved: finding a realtor, making sure houses fit your specifications, looking at houses, dealing with banks, home inspections, etc.

Nintex Newbie

Now we know you are country!!!!

Nintex Newbie

There could be a workflow for the moving process whether its an apartment or house. When you move you have to get rid of extra stuff (possibly have a moving sale), work with movers, utility companies to turn off utilities and turn them on in your new home (timing is involved), change your kids' schools, etc.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Another good one would be a cooking workflow.   You just enter the recipe of the meal you want and wha-la the food would appear at the other end.   We might even be able to throw in an auto feeder at that point... Just saying.

Nintex Newbie

Now Mike, you've been watching too much of the Jetsons!!!!!

Nintex Newbie

I would love for cleaning the house to be a workflow. Enter the chores that need to be done on what days and that's it.

Nintex Newbie

A workflow doing all the exercises in the gym would be nice. A message with time & calories on my iPhone could be stored in the Apple Health App

Nintex Newbie

A happy hour scheduling workflow would be fantastic.  This would include Nintex Live actions to check the weather for nice sunny afternoons, another Live action to determine best happy hour deals at local brewpubs, and a create calendar item action for invitees with the subject line, "Review Business Requirements for Project XYZ."  Of course it would be a site workflow which recurs on a regular basis.

Automation Master
Automation Master

How to be able to park near the central station of Nivelles, Belgium?

It should be simple but if I choose this situation for the approcah, it means that it is not.

To get a parking card, first you need to get a MOBIB card (Card for train, tram, bus).
For that I need to fill a pdf form (not online), then go to the station (not sending by mail), do not forget my ID card and 5 €. The employee must submit your request and you need to wait for the card.

Working on it …

When my MOBIB card is ready, I need to fill another pdf form for the parking card (not online), go back to the station and buy a parking card. OMG ;-)

I think that Emily Billing​ should use a workflow to award 200 points to all particiapnts

Not applicable

We could use the same here I lose my bus pass all the time, and then I'm stranded and can't get anywhere!

And don't worry, you'll get the 200 points at the end of the month!

Nintex Newbie

Here's another good one....we need a workflow to help find good daycare. The workflow needs to compare all the daycares in the area, find the ones that take your age kids, make sure they are certified, find the ones that are in-home or centers (based on what you want), eliminate the ones that aren't in your price range, eliminate the ones that aren't in your school district, etc. Search to check if there are bad ratings or complaints, etc. Have the daycares that make it to the final round automatically get notifications sent to them to set appointments.

Automation Master
Automation Master

That is a good one

Nintex Newbie

Can  you tell yet I have kids???????

Nintex Newbie

Now I'm liking this question. Many great suggestions, agree with the cooking workflow. Entering a recipe and it automates where to buy what ingredient including closest grocery store and the aisle it's in. Most of all, this workflow has to provide motivational messages to my girlfriend so that she will happily be the one doing all of the cooking and I can sit on the couch and build other workflows!

Automation Master
Automation Master

I'd like to have my workday planned as a workflow, with some priority activities and switch to a different activity if the planned one fails or has some dependancy not already completed..

but I like a lot most of the previous posts!!

Not applicable

We need plan like state machine workflow thenI believe it will work

Nintex Newbie

I need a workflow to plan and perform a chess tournament.

Nintex Newbie

A workflow to plan and track the yard maintenance for my home.  It varies over the 4 seasons - from cutting the grass every 4th day in June to moving mounds of snow in January.