cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid JWT token. The token is expired.

Not applicable
4 7 9,896

When attempting to publish a workflow in O365 you receive the following error:

JWT stands for Json Web Token. To learn more about what a JWT is you can read a short introduction here: JSON Web Token Introduction - jwt.io

The error message states simply that your token has expired due to a long running browser session.

To avoid having to do all your work over again you can simply refresh this token. You can do this by opening a new browser and re-opening the Nintex workflow designer.

This should create a new token and allow you to retry your publish operation.

7 Comments
Automation Master
Automation Master

Well done Andrew, I just encountered this issue and was about to post my fix for this. But found your blog and it worked just fine. I simply opened a new tab in my same browser, went to the list I was working on and opened Nintex Workflow app by clicking on the button in the list ribbon. I did not have to go all the way into the workflow, just opening the app was enough.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Well, this worked once. The next time I left for lunch and didn't close the designer, came back and added to the workflow and hit save, I received Oops, trouble publishing workflow. Not the token message. All additions were lost. Just good to remember to save every few minutes.

Not applicable

Andrew,

You know what they say, "Save early, save often."

When working with any session based browser app you should always follow this rule!

Cheers,
Andrew Beals

Not applicable

This did not work for me.  It just says "Building" forever

Not applicable

Catherine,

When you say "building" is this when you are loading the designer?

Not applicable

Sorry for the very late response, I did not see your comment.  No, this is after publishing.  I think a fix was released that remedied the issue, because I haven't experienced this error in some time.

Omkarbajpai
Nintex Newbie

Hey there,
Nice blog!

Quite understandable and handy when it comes to practicality. we have a similar blog on other aspects of the subject 

How to Generate JWT Token from Salesforce

check it out and tell me what Ayou think of it.a feedback is always appreciated