cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import Excel in to SharePoint 2013 List using Nintex workflow

Workflow Hero
0 1 924

To import Excel sheet into SharePoint list , We can use Query Excel Services Action with Collection operation . 

Requirements : 

1. Excel file has "No" Null columns.

2. SharePoint List

3. Controls : Set Variable, Query Excel Services, For Each, Collection operation, Create item.

Step 1 :

Set Variable of Max Row needs to be imported.

step 2: 

Use Query Excel Services Control as below 

Use credentials to login to site , Workbook path should be an absolute path with sheet name 

Cells to retrieve is from and to rows  store in collection variable.

step 3: For each loop with run if and collection operation and create item 

Foreach :

Target collection is Unique Column , Get the items and store in item till max number of rows (Index)

RUN IF:

Run  the section if it is not empty

COLLECTION OPERATION:

Get the column collection and get the items and store in variable 

At last create an Item using Create Item operation :

Finally upload the Excel with out any empty columns ( in case null fill " -" or something) and run the workflow . 

you will get the result in the list as follows

1 Comment
Workflow Hero

I am having troubles with the username and password. I used my personal windows account and pw and it worked for a couple of tries and then I started to get "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized". 

Can you please help me with this? Which type of user must I add? All I am trying to do is to query an Excel workbook that was uploaded to a document library that is located on the same site as the workflow.

Thanks,

EDIT: Figured it out. In my case, turns out that I needed to use my username with the domain I am in.  You can get it using the "set user" in cmd, then you use the USERDOMAIN\USERNAME and done.