Solved

NINTEX and "SharePoint Server Subscription Edition", is this possible?

• 1 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,
our Sharepoint and NINTEX Workflows still run with the version 2013. We have a web application (recruitment process) which uses NINTEX WF and infoPath forms.
Because this whole process will be moved to SAP (in approx. three, four years), we have to continue and migrate it. A complete new development is not really an option anymore.
I am not sure if I can take a new server, install the newest sharepoint (Server Subscription Edition) and run NINTEX and infoPath as it is now.

An alternative way could be a new server, SharePoint 2019 and NINTEX Workflows. The problem here is, that the extended lifecycle ends on July 2026. So if there should be a problem
with the move to SAP, we could face another 2end of life2 and a new migration.

My questions are:

Can we somehow run NINTEX on this "SharePoint Server Subscription Edition" and move the content and workflow databases....?

Is it possible to build a new server with SharePoint 2019 and NINTEX 2019 and migrate the databases?

What are your experiences and advice?

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day
Joel

icon

Best answer by leighburke 2 March 2022, 04:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Joel,

I'm pushing this up through some channels to get an answer for you on this one.  

Also moving this post over to the Nintex for SharePoint forum to get more eyes over there.

Regards,

Jason

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @morgulork,

We plan to support SPSE by end of the calendar year but currently we do not have a version of Nintex Workflow or Form for SPSE. So if you need to migrate sooner then you could look at 2019, you can find help on migration path here(https://community.nintex.com/t5/Best-Practices/On-Prem-Migration-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/116323). Since you are still using Infopath it is worth confirming Infopath support in SPSE as well, for the other versions of SharePoint extended support was ending in 2026(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/infopath-2013). Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Leigh

Badge +3

Hi Leigh

Thank you very much for your answer. At the moment we are writing a study with all variants and try to find out what we have to pay attention to and where the advantages are.
Therefore it is good to be prepared for everything. I can't say for sure yet if we will build the new environment towards the end of the calendar year, but it will probably be around that time.

I'll keep an eye on that then.

And I'll confirm Infopath support in SPSE as well.

Thanks again and have a great day